state-police-hire-known-drug-dealer-as-trooper-blame-her-for-passing-background

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Gun Shark, Aug 26, 2018.

1. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    When you lower your standards (which is what they did when they short-changed the background during a hiring crisis) this is what you get....

On the other hand, she has no remorse for her errors of omission...she said "I feel like I am being judged on the mistakes of my past"...Well, yeah, hello, actions have consequences, and close doors for the future....

Mtnfolk75, janice6, mj9mm and 2 others like this.

2. Low_Speed

Low_Speed

I believe her. The agency needs to take full responsibility for her hiring. It’s hard to believe that they didn’t catch any of her history during any of her CBIs. They should give her job back. It sounds like they have worse problems to worry about than her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. racer11

racer11

She is hawt at least

-JCN-, Sniff, Low_Speed and 1 other person like this.
  4. fastbolt

fastbolt

Background investigations need to be complete and thorough.

It wouldn't be at all surprising if there wasn't a lot more to this mess than has found its way into the press.

Also, in one of those often interesting twists of synchronicity you sometimes find in LE, this now-former trooper apparently moved in with her former drug dealer boyfriend, and then later on moved in with her LE boyfriend. (Like that's a rare story to hear in LE. ;) )

The other interesting bit of synchronicity is that her Lt Col boyfriend ended up retiring to avoid a scandal of his own. https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesma...gate-corruption-probe-at7ronT3s0ODCDYOg4r_1g/

If you take shortcuts in background investigations, you're risking hiring someone you may regret hiring later on.

Unless they also took shortcuts in the polygraph, I'd have to wonder how the poly examiner missed asking even simple basic questions, like whether she'd failed to inform the agency of any potential or known criminal activities not listed in her background package for both dispatcher and trooper applicant.

This bit is just funny (in a sad way) ...

Really?? Sigh ...

janice6 and pgg00 like this.
  5. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Well, when the No. 3 guy in the department, who is dirty himself, is banging her, yeah, there might be a “modified background check”.

Mtnfolk75, F14A, cbetts1 and 7 others like this.
  6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

“MSP Director of Human Resources Shawn Givhan said that background investigators operate on the premise that what the applicant has told them was the truth, and that they would not be able to identify that they had been deceived unless they received a tip, the Boston Globe reported.”

Well then, that settles it, can’t imagine a background investigation more thorough than that.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cbetts1 likes this.
  7. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Here it is... her background check results. It appears slightly shortened..
    AA6D2E39-E573-407E-B9BC-FFE6204BA6CC-773-0000003DC39B608A.jpeg

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mtnfolk75, janice6, CAcop and 3 others like this.
  8. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

Lol

Low_Speed likes this.
  9. p.d.

p.d.

Didn’t anyone wonder why her dog was always alerting on her? :supergrin:

10. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

So much wrong with the whole situation. She lied, screwed her way around and the guy is not blamed.

Victor Dubya likes this.
  11. Ftttu

Ftttu

I blame the agency, the investigators AND her. I’m sure there were politics played on the agency level. She should have disclosed her criminal past and associations while the investigators should have discovered her past.

TBO and pgg00 like this.
  12. Random

Random Banned

She apparently did some good while she was out there.
    Few articles for good deeds (saving a dog and giving it to another officer who lost his, saving a baby hawk - crap like that) and commendations.
    Sucks it was built on sand.
    Boston Herald running one of those (I call them mesothelioma ads) Have you ever been arrested by..... Are you looking to have it thrown out or dismissed? We'd love to hear your story!! bits in the paper.

medic2258 likes this.
  13. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

They just hired someone with real life drug experience

larry_minn likes this.
  14. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

They obviously didn't do a thorough background check because the Lt. Col said she was going to get hired.
    They did sloppy, incomplete work in hiring her as a dispatcher in the first place. The second background probably was a wink and a nod type deal.

15. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

Error of omission my shiny white ass.

The Massachew****s State Police knew who she was, and what she was, from day one. She was even banging the dude who hired her. When she dumped him, he decided to destroy her. Not to mention the MA State Police just got caught paying tons of overtime to Troopers who never showed up for the extra patrols. They are busy right now showing how 'on top of it all' they are.

Remember notorious fugitive, James Joseph "Whitey" Bulger Jr.? Brother of the MA President of the State Senate William Michael "Billy" Bulger? Whitey managed to get an extra 16 years of freedom because of his good FBI buddies John Connoly, and John Morris, but Whitey's best pal was Massachusetts State Police Lt. Richard J. Schneiderhan.

Did you guys think that Massachew****s got to be as corrupt as it is by some sort of accident? Ha! :rofl:

ZX12R, janice6 and medic2258 like this.
  16. Low_Speed

Low_Speed

I’m feeling sympathetic. She turned her life around or at least seemed to have. They should at least put her back as a dispatcher.

It’s stuff like this that make reformed criminals go back to being criminals. Seems like she has only had two jobs and they just fired her from the legal one that she was good at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Who said she was good at it? For all we know, she was a hump, and a go-getter was passed over so some brass could get his daily blowjob.

Mtnfolk75, larry_minn and pgg00 like this.
  18. Ftttu

Ftttu

If you are found to have lied on your employment documents and/or verbal statements relating to the same, you don't think those are grounds to being fired? This is not employment at Baskin & Robbins. Drug dealers need not apply to LE agencies!

Mtnfolk75, Dragoon44, janice6 and 2 others like this.
  19. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

With her history... Being a dispatcher could easily be a security risk. In the event they ever had undercover agents working in area it's very possible she might get some info. Maybe even given info ahead of area Feds working so as to direct Officers away...
    The sleeping with supervisors hints to me she didn't change. I feel bad IF she wanted to Go legit.

But after that level if crime... IMO too much risk.

janice6 likes this.