State considers law that would require police to inspect homes of gun owner

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by ERASER, Feb 18, 2013.

1. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

2. QNman

QNman Old timer

The hard left is pretty obviously testing the waters. And they're testing them in places with the highest probability of acceptance.

3. RJ's Guns

RJ's Guns

I posted a thread about this earlier. There was not much interest by the people on this forum. Most people do not want to take the time to contact their legislators or they are expecting others to fight the battles, so more anti-second Amendment legislation get passed and they wonder why.

The gun grabbers are highly motivated and organized. They have the media on their side.

People contacting their legislators, in Olympia, favor gun control 3 to 1. The legislators are going to vote for these anti-Second Amendment bills and justify their votes by saying it is the will of the people.

RJ

Here is the substance of my prior thread

House Bill 1588 was heard by the House Judiciary Committee last week . The bill was sponsored by state Representatives Jamie Pederson(D-43), Mike Hope (R-44).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

HB 1588 is scheduled for vote in the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, February 19 at 10:00 a.m.<o:p></o:p>

Also heard yesterday (2-14-13) was House Bill 1676, sponsored by state Representative Ruth Kagi (D-32) and thirteen other state representatives. This so-called &#8220;child access prevention&#8221; bill would single outthe storage of firearms for criminalization under certain circumstances.<o:p></o:p>

The latest attack on law-abiding gun owners comes in the form of a ban on so-called &#8220;assault weapons&#8221; and magazines that hold more thanten rounds. Senate Bill 5737, just introduced by state Senators Ed Murray (D-43) and Jeanne Kohl-Welles (D-36), would ban the sale of commonly owned semi-automatic firearms. This bill would ban the manufacture, transfer, possession, purchase and sale of firearms arbitrarily defined as &#8220;assault weapons&#8221;, semi-automatic firearms commonly owned by law-abiding citizens for self-defense, based on mainly cosmetic features!<o:p></o:p>

SB 5737 would also ban the possession of any semiautomatic firearm along with a magazine that holds more than ten rounds. A violation of these, and other provisions listed in the bill, is a class C felony. Owners of these firearms could keep them IF they subjected themselves to annual in-home inspections by law enforcement and complied with stringent and impractical storage and transportation requirements.<o:p></o:p>

House Judiciary Committee:<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Representative Jamie Pedersen (D-43), Chairman<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7826<o:p></o:p>

[email protected]<o:p></o:p>

Representative Drew Hansen (D-23), Vice Chairman<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7842<o:p></o:p>

Representative Jay Rodne (R-5)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7852<o:p></o:p>

Representative Steve O'Ban (R-28)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7890<o:p></o:p>

Representative Roger Goodman (D-45)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7878<o:p></o:p>

Representative Mike Hope (R-44)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7892<o:p></o:p>

Representative Laurie Jinkins (D-27)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7930<o:p></o:p>

Representative Steve Kirby (D-29)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7996<o:p></o:p>

Representative Brad Klippert (R-8)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7882<o:p></o:p>

Representative Terry Nealey (R-16)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7828<o:p></o:p>

Representative Tina Orwall (D-33)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7834<o:p></o:p>

Representative Mary Helen Roberts (D-21)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7950<o:p></o:p>

Representative Matt Shea (R-4)<o:p></o:p>

(360) 786-7984<o:p></o:p>

RJ<o:p></o:p>

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  4. Jerry

Jerry Millennium Member

Isn't it funny you don't see any of this happening in Louisiana, Texas, Arizona etc.? People are getting what they voted for. You have three choices... Vote the SOB out, move to a free state or start a war.

5. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

A war of what?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. Jeffrey Lebowski

Jeffrey Lebowski Not a golfer

The next item on the agenda is amnesty. Now then, which states just might be affected MOST by that?

7. Jerry

Jerry Millennium Member

I see you're still suffering from RVI. If you need it explained to you it isn't worth explaining to you.

Edited to add: On second thought I'll let someone else explain to you. https://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20005186#post20005186

:rofl: Not that I believe amnesty should be given... I absolutely don't... exactly what would it change? There are here. They are working. They are getting all the "free" stuff. So exactly what would change? :dunno:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  8. Jeffrey Lebowski

Political majorities via voting patterns.

Edit: I don't like it or believe it in either, but for those folks who say "my state will never....." I'm not so confident for you anymore.

9. Jerry

Jerry Millennium Member

Hummm, something for me to think about. Perhaps I put too much faith in my fellow Southerners. We'll see what happens.

10. Jeffrey Lebowski

I truly, truly hope not.
    Without getting tinfoil-ish, I fear it may not be in the hands of your fellow Southerners, though. :(

11. Jerry

Jerry Millennium Member

The way I see it one of four things can happen. The liberals can stop (highly doubtful). The pro gun people can hold our ground (hopefully). There can be a war before I'm too old to help (unlikely). Or I'll die and it won't make any difference to me (probably). :dunno:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  12. Lord

Lord Senior Member

A war of oppression... just like the colonials who fought against this same exact sort of tyranny and founded this supposed "free" nation