Start Position

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by BCarver, Apr 3, 2005.

1. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Dale is correct, "parallel is abosolute". If they are wanting us to do what we did at the "Gunny", you will have to "push" the gun toward the target versus the stiff arm method that is currently used to raise the weapon up to the target.

If the RO's squad shooters based upon each gun shot and 8 is the limit for a squad, that should suffice as long as they do not interpret the rule as 8 individual shooters which may calculate to 16 guns shot in that squad.

We'll find out in 6 days.

See ya at the range,
    Bobby

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Bobby
    You are so right. They need to tell us what they are expecting on how to interpret the rules. I have been starting with arms locked out with the pistol pointed at the ground or a 45° angle. We will just have to wait and see. See you soon.:cool:

I also shoot 3 or 4 categories per match and folks who shoot in am/civ could shoot up to 6 per match.

Pharaoh

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

When I talked to Dave about this the other day he tild me it will be the same as the as we did at the Gunny match.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

That's great. It may be a good method but it sure would have been nice to find this out more than 5 days before the first match. I am sure 99% of the potential shooters don't have a clue. Hell of a way to run a program. I feel sure I can handle it but it sure is no way to run a program if you are trying to increase participation. We will probably be lucky to see the official Glock Report Vol.1 with all the new changes by May first and 4 matches will be over by then. If I ran my business that way I would go bank rupt.

5. DaleRhea

DaleRhea

Start Position

I think they are describing the start we used at the Gunny’s Challenge but some of the RS’s were not there, they may not know.

If I were to describe the start position we used at the Gunny’s Challenge I would say; Face down range. Keep the muzzle horizontal. Bend the arms at the elbow until your arms contact your body. At the start signal push the pistol into firing position aiming at your first target.

What I have to say is of little value. What we need is a rule that is written so it is not open to interpretation by every RO.

I think the new start position is a good change, it may prove to be faster and it is less restrictive than having to point at a spot on the ground.

Best regards
    Dale

6. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

^c Amen sir. That would eliminate alot of "the rule reads this (specifically, in English) but it's "generally accepted to do it this way" but "oops, I just called GSSF and they said a third thing."

I don't have the GSSF history to have that sense of how things "should" be - I read the rules and attempt to go by them. That is what should be expected of all these new members we're bringing to sign up at the matches, right?

Edit to add: I personally read the RO instruction to be muzzle horizontal or lower (toward the ground); the difference from before being the gun must be closer in. I've found that actually more comfortable than the other method anyway. :)

7. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Don @PC sez..."That's great. It may be a good method but it sure would have been nice to find this out more than 5 days before the first match. I am sure 99% of the potential shooters don't have a clue. Hell of a way to run a program. I feel sure I can handle it but it sure is no way to run a program if you are trying to increase participation. We will probably be lucky to see the official Glock Report Vol.1 with all the new changes by May first and 4 matches will be over by then. If I ran my business that way I would go bank rupt."

+1...IBTL!

8. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Look for it to be a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG Day ^c