Start Buying Ammo NOW!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Steel & Wood, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Intolerant

Intolerant

Its going to get a whole lot worse come November 4th. I have a feeling that martial law is coming. When that happens, we no longer have a country.

2. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

Yes it's still there for those willing to spend a few minutes on line looking for it, .45 and 10 mm are still available on most sites.

.40 caliber anyone

https://www.sgammo.com/product/40-c...ester-ranger-165-grain-bonded-jhp-ammo-ra40ba

Will-21 likes this.

3. Glockresistor

Glockresistor

one would think none of the manufactures are producing any, but there has to be truck loads leaving the factories daily. Glad I don't need any.

Intolerant likes this.
  4. Biggy1

Biggy1

Because, I have more ammo than 95% of the people out there, and that the 10% that I have left, is more than enough for the amount of shooting I will be doing. I also turn 69 in October, my son isn’t into guns at this point. I don’t need all that money tied up in ammo, it’s a great time to sell if you can, and I am getting the itch for a different vehicle. I also want to give my son $10,000. for a down payment on a house he will be buying from my brother. Well, you asked.

MAGA !! Vote Trump and Republican in November to stop the insanity !!!

Gfive45, n2g, BigBluefish and 8 others like this.
  5. Intolerant

Intolerant

Not at all what i expected to read, but good on you brother! I`m 70, so i know what you`re saying.

n2g, SpringerTGO and Steel & Wood like this.
  6. tom mac

tom mac

didn't buy any, just did more reloading !

Intolerant, Steel & Wood and Nick B like this.
  7. Steel & Wood

Steel & Wood Build the Wall

Hey, that sounds like a valid reason to me, you are an awesome dad!

And I agree with you, vote Trump to end this insanity!

8. grumpy1

grumpy1

True but at this point in time that is like delivering a few dozen doughnuts to a food stand with 500 very hungry people in line to get a doughnut. It will take quite a while for supply and demand to get back to more normal levels.

n2g, Intolerant and Steel & Wood like this.
  9. Steel & Wood

At this point, if you did not heed my advice when I started this thread last year, I would highly recommend asking a friend or family member if they would sell you some excess ammo.

If they're a good friend they won't gouge you on the price!

FullClip and Intolerant like this.
  10. gamecocks

gamecocks

Fyi, targetsportsusa has 9mm HST 124 &124+P in the 50 round boxes if anyone is in need. Won't be there long, I'm sure.

11. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

With the recent riots and covid crap happening I have changed my SD ammo priorities from HP to FMJ rounds. Seeing that needing to defend against large "groups" of people has become as likely as defending against one or two attackers I can now appreciate the military's concept of wounding not killing.

The military view is that a wounded soldier is taken out of action and becomes a burden to others around him. Also a wounded person can leave your location to go elsewhere and die. Several wounded individuals would with accompanying gun fire encourage a group to leave your area. I am thinking 3 or 4 magazines would be needed to get the point across.

GcB and Steel & Wood like this.
  12. Steel & Wood

I completely agree!

Most soldiers won't leave their comrade behind. They will carry him to safety so, with one or two bullets, you have just taken at least 3 soldiers out of the fight!!!

PLEASE VOTE FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP 2020 IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THIS COUNTRY FROM DESTRUCTION!

God bless America, our President and the Patriots of this great nation!

FullClip, NoJoy and Railsplitter like this.
  13. Will-21

Will-21 You Breed 'Em, YOU Feed 'Em!

14. Steel & Wood

You're probably right about that.

I have 160 rounds of .303 British surplus ammo. I sold both of my Enfields but kept the ammo, don't ask me why! :) LOL

Will-21, Intolerant and BOOSTED12A like this.
  15. tom mac

tom mac

going to be hard to find a 303 rifle...
    AND
    you prob can't reload it due to berdan primers (usual if surplus )

16. 540mope

540mope

Likewise, i sold off the S$W 44s....still have a 200 round case of Hornady .44 Special, and a couple of 50 rd boxes of Magnum. Good trade fodder. And at the rate this country is going in the wrong direction, ammo could soon be a form of currency.

17. Steel & Wood

I always tell people that I invest in precious metals....

Gold, silver and LEAD!!!

18. 540mope

540mope

...and brass

i need to get out of the bad habit of buying scratch-off lottery tickets (voluntary tax that feeds the state gubment) and buy more of the same precious metals you invest it

edit to add...
    A good friend of mine travels twice a year to another state to see family. While there he would stop at an ammo depot and stock up on low priced bulk ammo. He would always call to ask me if I need any. He was there a couple of months ago but none of the ammo was in his or my price range, and it was far less abundant than in times past.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    Steel & Wood likes this.
  19. Steel & Wood

I like this place, they have a monthly subscription plan that is very convenient...

https://www.moneymetals.com/

Gold and silver prices have really been on the move for the past month or so. Silver is going to be your best bet! Remember, precious metals will always be worth something! Paper money is not going to be worth the paper it is printed on!

20. n2g

n2g

I usually buy most of my ammo from targetsportsusa because as a Prime member I get free shipping on any quantity, and prices are discounted a little. I used to buy a lot from sgammo, too. Both places are good.

TS often has 9mm HST or GD, and occasionally has Lawman or AE fmj. Prices have gone up a lot but they aren't as outrageous as at some places. It goes very fast, though. I have a good supply of 9mm, especially HST.
    Anyway...

I'm posting because of something that happened with targetsports yesterday that was surprising to me, and not in good way. In the past, in normal times, I've had excellent luck signing up and getting notifications of when an out-of-stock item comes in. Since the shortage, you have to be fast when you receive notification or it will be sold out again, which is understandable.

However, I just bought my first AR and of course had signed up for notification for both .223 rem and 5.56. Yesterday morning around 8:00 I decided to go straight to their website, and they had some American Eagle 55gr of each caliber, so I bought 90 and 100 rounds of each. They shipped this morning.

What was surprising was that I had not gotten a notification that they were back in stock. At 12:30 pm yesterday I finally got a notification on the 5.56, but I never did get notified about the .223. I just happened to check on my own and found it a little after 8:00 a.m. earlier that day.

So, if like me you have been depending on their notifications for out-of-stock items, don't. If you really need the ammo, check their website frequently as it may be there even if you haven't been notified. ???