Start Buying Ammo NOW!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Steel & Wood, Aug 16, 2019.

1. pAZ Ron

pAZ Ron

In certain cities and the news. Other places life goes on.

Don't disagree though that there is trouble afoot.

2. Steel & Wood

Steel & Wood Build the Wall

DUDE.....

THAT'S WHY I TRIED TO WARN THEM AHEAD OF TIME!!!!!

Hey, I know at least one person heeded my warning and ordered several cases so, that makes it all worthwhile for me!

3. seamaster

seamaster

I was already at capacity before you started this topic.

The only thing I bought within the last year is reloading press - and I haven’t even started reloading!

Intolerant and Steel & Wood like this.
  4. Krabby5

Krabby5

if you want a gun bad enough, you can find one without getting ripped off...same with ammo. I bought my first gun, Glock 19, in july for regular big store price. I also can find 9mm ammo. This from someone who wasn’t in the gun community before July.

5. grumpy1

grumpy1

Firearms are not that difficult to still buy at decent prices. It is 9MM FMJ practice ammo that has really seen major price increases and scarcity. Last 9MM ammo I bought first week in March was $8.19 a box of 50 for S&B 124 gr in case quantity and now if one can find it the going price has more than doubled. Most 9MM FMJ that can be found is 115 gr and while I will shoot it I prefer 124 and 147 gr. My favorite 9MM range ammo is American Eagle 147 gr which has been non existent for several weeks now. Luckily I still have 2 1/2 cases left but I expect it will be quite a while before it becomes available again at decent prices if ever so I am going to shoot it sparingly.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Intolerant and SDDL-UP like this.
  6. Steel & Wood

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first gun! I guess I should say, welcome to the addiction! :) LOL

That is my favorite as well, it suppreses nicely!

7. Krabby5

Krabby5

I can get All the 9mm I need for $13.80 a box tax included. Apparently that’s high compared to last year, but I’ll take it now. The real problem is finding 380 ammo for the wife’s M&P shield

8. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

A friend's brother bought an M&P in 9mm full size last week after getting his LTCH, last center fire semi auto in the store. They had no ammo to sell him to go with it. I called a couple of stores yesterday to aid his search and they chuckled at my question.

I'm giving him 50 target rounds and filling his two mags with decent jhp, he can pay me back later if he has a mind. Not sweating it.

Yet............. lol

n2g, Intolerant and Kentucky Shooter like this.
  9. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

Good on you.

Bomber Nav, n2g and Steel & Wood like this.
  10. grumpy1

grumpy1

Dang. Just out of curiosity I checked Target Sports and SGAmmo and both had zero 9MM ammo, zip, zero, nada including premium SD ammo like HST and Gold Dot. I don't believe I have ever seen that before.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  11. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Same here. Just a few days ago they still had gold dots and hst... Now, nothing.

Crazy times...

12. Steel & Wood

WELL, EVERYONE, TODAY MARKS ONE YEAR SINCE I STARTED THIS THREAD!!!

SO, TELL ME, DID YOU HEED MY ADVICE?

DID YOU START BUYING AMMO IN AUGUST OF LAST YEAR? DID YOU BUY AS MUCH AS YOU CAOULD AFFORD?

I know I helped at least one person that read this thread and I hope and pray that I helped many more get the ammo that they are going to need very soon!

God bless America,God bless President Trump and God bless the Patriots of this great nation!

13. Corbonman

Corbonman

Lu
    Luckygunner has a bunch of 124 +p HST’s in stock. That’s it

Joshhtn likes this.
  14. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I haven't seen that either. Incredible.

15. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

I was buying before this thread started. I figured it wouldn't get bad till a couple months before the election. Never counted on the pandemic and riots tho.
    I wish I had more, but I'm OK on ammo.

Steel & Wood and Squid1 like this.
  16. Squid1

Squid1

I have full and complete faith in the world's capitalist system to continue providing me with whatever I want despite, and sometimes in contravention of, any laws passed by any official. Bullets will simply increase in the amounts smuggled in from other countries. You may recall a temporary dead-end which the Feds went down called PROHIBITION (well, actually that was a 'stupid women' event but parallel stands.). Liquor didn't become unavailable or prohibitively expensive - it was just made 'locally' or smuggled in from other countries. Watch for gun & bullet manufacturing in Mexico, Cuba, China et al - and you know the Feds and state police are remarkably unable to stop anything coming across those borders. That's what God was thinking when she taught illegals how to make under-border tunnels, aircraft drop zones in the swamp, rio grand tubers, etc etc.... and remember we can make our own bullets so the next big shortages will be casings, powder and casting machines.

17. Intolerant

Intolerant

I remember bringing you back to this thread not long ago. When you started it, you took ALOT of heat for it. Now look where we are brother. Maybe next time, people will believe what we have been saying.

God Bless, be safe! ;)

18. Biggy1

Biggy1

I am selling 90% of my 9mm and 5.56 ammo, but none of my .22 RF ammo. I will be going to every gun show in my area between now and Nov 3rd. , after that, who knows.

19. Intolerant

Intolerant

Why would you do that (???)

n2g likes this.
  20. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

I’m big enough man to say that I did not see the current conditions coming. I remember when this thread was started and I pretty much considered it alarmist but it turned out be accurate. I have “enough “ but certainly not enough to shoot like I like. The Wuhan Croup coupled with the Marxists burning things down has even scared old school liberals enough to get them down to their local gun stores to buy up anything they can get their hands on.
    I don’t think this ammo “shortage” is going away until the Wuhan Croup and the Marxists go away. That could be a while.

Steel & Wood and gamecocks like this.