Starbucks apologizes after 2 uniformed California deputies were allegedly refused service

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TBO, Dec 14, 2019.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Starbucks has issued an apology after two uniformed county deputies in California were reportedly denied service Thursday night.

The incident happened at a store location in Riverside, the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department confirmed in a tweet Friday night.

“We are aware of the ‘cop with no coffee’ incident that occurred in Riverside on 12/12/19, involving our @RSO deputies,” the tweet read.

“We are in communication w/ Starbucks Corporate addressing the issue of deputies being denied service.”

Sheriff Chad Bianco retweeted the statement writing: “Two of our deputies were refused service at Starbucks. The anti-police culture repeatedly displayed by Starbucks employees must end.”

Starbucks confirmed that the law enforcement officers were ignored by employees for nearly five minutes, a spokesperson said in a statement provided to KABC.

"There is simply no excuse for how two Riverside deputies were ignored," said Starbucks spokesperson said. "We are deeply sorry and reached out to apologize directly to them."

Starbucks said that the employees who were working that evening would not be working while the company investigates and takes “appropriate steps.”

The Riverside incident comes just weeks after Starbucks barista in Oklahoma reportedly wrote “Pig” on the label of a police officer’s coffee cup.

"This is absolutely unacceptable, and we are deeply sorry to the law enforcement officer who experienced this," the company said in a statement on Nov. 28. "We have also apologized directly to him and connected with the chief of the Kiefer Police Department, as well, to express our remorse."

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/...uniformed-california-deputies-refused-service

2. nmk

nmk

I don't know the ins and outs of this case. I just try not to be a jerk. I try.

tuica, Dr. Bill and ranger1968 like this.

3. fg17

fg17

Freaking *******s.
    I usually mind my own business. But if I ever witnessed that I might end up with a disorderly conduct ticket. It would be totally worth it.:D

4. TScottW99

TScottW99 Bird Catcher

<<<< not a coffee drinker. With that said, if I was I’d never step foot in a Starbucks, especially if I still wore a uniform. We just had this happen in Virginia as well.

Pythonman, cbetts1, MSP Sarge and 4 others like this.
  5. John_AZ

John_AZ

All I know, I’m never denied coffee at QT and it tastes better than Starbucks.

:dunno:

6. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Starbucks! Why? It is sheeeety coffee! Really sheeeety! Sorta like Heineken beer - sheeeety!
    Why would anybody go there - let alone LEO? They don't respect you! Hello! F'em. :alex:

Glockdude1, Sfaql, cbetts1 and 3 others like this.
  7. nmk

nmk

Now that I've read the story, I can't use the proper language without another infraction.

GlockFan7 and TBO like this.
  8. nmk

nmk

Jerks.

TBO likes this.
  9. okiegtrider

okiegtrider

I really don't understand why cops keep going in these places. **** Starbucks anyway.

jimcorbin, Sfaql, jonb32248 and 7 others like this.
  10. bubbatime

bubbatime

I used to go to Starbucks about once a week. After they went full communist a few years ago, I haven’t been back.

tuica, Lockback, cbetts1 and 3 others like this.
  11. chinomalo

chinomalo

Just another reason to avoid that place.

El Pistolero and Ahmid like this.
  12. BigMoneyGrip

BigMoneyGrip

Eff starbucks. And I don't even drink coffee.

Ahmid likes this.
  13. billorights

billorights

Quit them long ago. This happens too often to be simply a local issue. Shultz is a POS.

Ahmid and porschedog like this.
  14. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

That three. Why would any cop ever go into Starbucks again? That’s three strikes and cops should be out. Outta Starbucks for good.

tuica and chinomalo like this.
  15. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

It's not Starbucks - it's the moronic, entry level, employees available for hire. To say you won't ever step foot in one of their stores, because of this, is like saying you'll never buy a particular make of rifle because some moron shot a cop with one. Starbucks is no more responsible for the stupid actions of employees than the rifle manufacturer is for their rifle. Stupid people do stupid things.

16. Sharkey

Sharkey

Again? CA you say?? More BS from POS non- productive members of society. F'k them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

17. R*E

R*E

**** Starbucks.

18. Gfive45

Gfive45

... but, but?
    Screenshot_2019-12-14-22-09-55-1.png

:chatter:

AdamRodgers and Sharkey like this.
  19. John_AZ

John_AZ

Yes, the cops need the citizens to show up to buy them coffee cause they can’t get served themselves.

pizza_pablo and TBO like this.
  20. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Lots of woke masters degree in gender studies peddling those sugarpoison drinks to America