close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Starbucks and open-carry: Will then ban it?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by CZ guy, Mar 6, 2010.

1. CZ guy

CZ guy

Title says it all, I'd like to see what all your opinions are.

It seems the issue is heating up on many fronts.

Will Starbucks continue to support open-carry in their shops, or will they ultimately ban open carry in their stores?

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

I say they will continue to tolerate it unless there is an event that makes deferring the situation to state law not in their best interest.

Starbucks should do what is in the best interest of their shareholders as any publicly traded company should. For now I think deferring is the best decision and the attention will die down if they keep their message consistent.

3. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

I hope not. Unfortunately we do not yet have any documentation that OC has prevented a robbery in a Starbucks. We do have one at a Waffle House.

4. Oramac

Oramac

your basic game theory situation. what is their dominant strategy given the information available? i would say that, at this point, it is to continue with what they're already doing.

5. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

I agree that if Starbucks stands it's ground the media attention will eventually go away.

The only way I see them reversing their policy is if the quarterly figures show sales are down since they declared their policy. But I doubt that will be the case. the only ones that seem overly excited about the policy is liberal journalists. I don't think the average Starbucks customer cares one way or another.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  6. Patchman

Patchman Florist

I agree that Starbuck's sales figures will weigh heavily in their decision. If the store managers report more OCers patronizing the stores but sales go down, guess what? Of course, visa versa and their policy stays intact. Every action has a reaction, or several reactions.

7. LittleRedToyota

LittleRedToyota

8. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

I hope Starbucks stands it grounds....... Having said that I've never sipped a single cup of brew in there establishments. My inexpensive coffee at home works for me.......