Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a trekker from the Star Trek (ST) TOS (The Original Series) days, and have been enamored for a while with the completeness of the "lost" scenes that are now back on since Netflix added them back (a Netflix project as I have learned) in I think 2009. As a kid in the 70s I watched ST TOS almost every day at 6 PM in my hometown. I am not ashamed to say that I remember almost every scene somewhat. I did not realize my local station had cut so many scenes out until I started about 2 years ago watching TOS on Netflix and realizing there were A LOT of new scenes (to me anyway) that had not been seen since originally shown (my assumption). The graphics are of course updated very well, but these "new" now included scenes actually change the storylines in some respects, or fill in holes made by their deletion in the 70s to make room for more commercials. SO, with all this, I recommend checking out the TOS on Netflix if you liked it when you first saw the series, you might just like it even more now that it is all back in better than original form.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Hello OP,it’s nice to see there’s another TOS trekkie here. My wife recently bought me all the episodes on dvd but i still like the convenience of Netflix. Nice avatar as well.

Reactions: GRT22

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I bought the DVD's of TOS back when they first came out as plastic box-sets. Not only are there scenes that were cut out from broadcast, but the shows themselves were being run faster, to make even more commercial time. TOS ran about 51 min per episode but only between 40 and 45 min is available on commercial TV for programming content.

Those insults to the original shows were pretty much enough for me to stop watching free broadcasts and cut the cable, but the addition of screen-crawls in the early thousands was the last straw. Having ads bouncing around the bottom of the screen like a bunch of crack-addled gerbils was far too distracting from the program content. Haven't watched broadcast TV in years and haven't missed it.

Grumpy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts