close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Star Reloaders

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by STI, Mar 11, 2010.

1. STI

STI

Does anyone here reload on the Star Machine?
    It is all that I have ever used and works flawless and produces excellent ammo.
    38/357 9mm 44 45 223 30 carbine

I would not reccomend it to anyone due to the availibility of parts (which I never have needed) and the great Dillion presses.

Just curious

When I used to load 38's on it my avg time for 50 was under 3 minutes

case feeder, bullet feeder, indexer with everything full

2. taz442

taz442

I use Star Reloader's and have done so for many years. I agree that they produce excellent rounds. I too have never needed to replace any parts, though I have many. I have a Dillon 650 also, but do not like the prime on the upstroke. For those that do not know...the Star's prime similar to the Dillon 1050, on the down stroke.

I see that you load many calibers. Do you change out heads plus the other parts or do you have multiple reloaders?

3. D. Manley

D. Manley

Star presses were much like Studebaker cars...years ahead of their time. I have a friend with one that works as good as the day it was made. Parts can still be had but tough to find.

4. Ringo Leadbedder

Ringo Leadbedder

+1 for Star I load 38 and 45, love it. Just bought new dies from C&H!
    Regards,Ringo

5. STI

STI

To answer the caliber change, I have several tool heads. For 223 I have sn# 2 of the Super Star Kit which Mike Dillion made that started his business, Garland Tx PD got #1.
    Star is still in business in Pioneer CA. You won't find a better reloader. I also have a Dillion RL1000 but like the Star better.
    Mine has no rust and looks as new but many 1000's loaded on it. I used to load commercial on it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  6. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

7. GLShooter

GLShooter

Here are some partials of my Star. Set up with 9X21 dies after alteration of the head. They use smaller dies so we opened up the holes for the Hornady dies.

It has been fitted with a Dillon case feeder.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/GLShooter/STAR CASE FEED/DSC01398.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/GLShooter/STAR CASE FEED/DSC01394.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42/GLShooter/STAR CASE FEED/DSC01397.jpg

I need to take a full size pic of the whole press. They run well and I have upgraded to an adjustable powder bar that was made by a guy up in Wisconsin as the regular set up is a fixed volume powder bar.

Greg