Star BM

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Toledo, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Toledo

Toledo

Greetings,
    I just bought a Spanish Star BM 9mm used. It seems well made. Anyone with experience with this model or any other Spanish firearm? The Star BM is a compact version and a close copy of the Colt commander both in size and function. I haven't had the chance to fire it yet. I just want to know if anyone of The Bogs have fired it and what they think of this little shooter....Thanks.

2. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

I shot some Basque firearms once. I believe Star might be one of those (Basque country, northern Spain and southern France - the Pyrenees, ETA and all that. I am part Basque. Pelota and shepherds. Good steel and manufacturing in that area.)

I found the Basque guns to be functional but relatively crude. Also much cheaper than most German and American handguns.I believe the steel is good. Did Star and Bersa merge?

3. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Here's some info that might be useful. (link ) :)

4. Toledo

Toledo

Thanks guys for the info...Mang Danny, I just reloaded my first batch of 9mm (10 to start with) and I will test them tomorrow on my G19...124gr FMC w/4.7 of green dot. I have a Lee progressive press and it was quite an enjoyable experience.

5. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

If you can, take photos of your fired brass for your future reference. Look for primer signs. Good luck & good shooting.