Glock Talk banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
5,691 Posts
I've never had 2 of the same pistol. I briefly still had a S&W 640 after buying a 340PD, while waiting for a buyer.

Over the years, I've carried a dozen different guns. If one is taken/stolen/damaged, I'll just carry another one. G43, G26, G30S, 4513TSW, BG380, 340PD. They all shoot fine.

What's the difference between going back to a gun I used to carry and buying something new to start carrying (as many people often do)?

If I really miss it, I'll buy another as others have said.

If I ever have time and money to start competing, I would buy a backup.

· Registered
303 Posts
I think the problem with just buying another one at the store anytime your main gun becomes unavailable for some reason is that the store may not have what you want. For example, during most of 2020, I had a heck of a time finding any generation Glock 19. So, if you really like a particular model, you will have to buy a standby gun. I don’t think the shortages now are as bad as 2020, but I’m still waiting for certain model glocks to be stocked up.

· Registered
116 Posts
I have doubles (or triples) of all my carry guns.

I'm not so worried about it getting taken in a good shoot as I am having it go down for repairs / theft / etc.

In a pair, one will be carry and the other will be for the range. So that way if something wears out, it happens at the range and not when I need it most.
Ditto here. I usually have triples of my carry guns. In the case of triples, the third one is a safe queen which will go into the rotation if either the carry gun or the range gun is down or out.

· Registered
3,237 Posts
Both myself and my wife have duplicates of our carry guns. In the past I have even had triples, but I am not shooting anywhere near as much nowadays so no need for me.

But that could change at any time ;) ;);)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.