standard issue equipment in our army

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Kiddo, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Kiddo

Kiddo

Hi BoGs! Can anyone tell me what is the basic loadout sa infantry ng army natin ngayon? Issue rifle, sidearm, etc? If you have links containing more info about our army, pls post them. Thanks! :)

2. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

Kiddo,

M16 is still the standard issue long arm of the AFP, i think it comes with 180 rounds ammo, as for side arm, i dont think all of them has one, ung iba naghihiraman nlang nang side arms pag lalabas for their operations (- thats what my army friend tells me), i dont know sa ibang battalion, maybe mas marami silang gamit na pwedeng iissue sa mga personel nila. also my 2 cents ;f

jojo

3. dinggaling

dinggaling APO Traveler

i had the opportunity to be with the 1st IB in caliraya, laguna and yep medyo kulang sa gamit. it's still the basic m16, m14 and for the cafgus some m2 carbines and m14's. officers sidearms are mainly 1911s unless you have your own. highly commendable is their CO, Col.Tristan Kison, an officer and a gentleman!!!

"tough luck if you don't carry a glock!!!" :cool:

4. Kiddo

Kiddo

Thanks for the info guys, some more questions.. You guys mentioned that most officers carry 1911's. Do the army supply them their .45 ammo or kanya kanya na ang bili ng ammo for your sidearm? Do they allow any weapon and caliber for a sidearm? :)

5. jasonub

jasonub

for marines 1 basic load is 320 rounds of 5.56. sidearms are also carried all 1911s. bullets are free for them, they are issued 45 acps and use 45s

6. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

I was issued a Colt .45 Mark IV series 70 when I graduated but I had to return it when I was de-activated from the Philippine Navy. :)

7. krinkov

krinkov Shutter Maniac

i had a chance to attend a shoot in Fort Magsaysay two years back and yes, the M16 remains the "good old reliable" of the AFP although some "elite" units i've seen carry the M4A1 carbine fully dressed-up. also, the FN MAG 7.62mm machinegun, STEYR AUG's, the M249 5.56 "Minimi" SAW(Squad Auto Weapon), the M16A2(Marines) and a 7.62mm bolt-action rifle i can't quite make.

sidearm remains to be the 1911 although i've seen one army officer with an HK USP 9mm.

we may be toting "relics" but i've seen these boys shoot and they're deadly with a rifle! hope they can improve their pistol shooting skills, though--and only the officers carry pistols!

8. Kiddo

Kiddo

If you carry your own personal sidearm, will they still supply you the ammo? What pistol calibers does our army carry? Krinkov, which elite units do you mean? Are they the ones that customize their rifles or does it come customized na from their armory?

9. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

10. deenoh

deenoh

I have friends in the Airforce who went on an assignment carrying M16s but they also have M14s and M1s in their armory.

11. chowchow

chowchow

Umuwi ako sa probinsya namin 2 yrs ago at dumadaan ako sa local probinsyal command . Ang dala ng PNP guard ay 1911 parkerized, yun yata ang Norinco Police model. Ok na rin basta .45 acp .230 gr hardball. The best pa rin.

12. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

hi kiddo,

for the regular army infantry units, the issue rifle is the m16a1 and the m14. the basic load for the m16 is 210 rounds (7 mags), for the m14 140 rounds (7 mags). i think a 9 man squad has 4 m14 and 5 m16. issue pistols are antiquated 1911s. the issue web gear is crap. even the bda sucks. usually its the officers who carry sidearms. caliber wise, we have 9mm, .45, 5.56, 7.62nato, .30-06 and .30 carbine in stock. a unit can request for ammo, but the issuance i dont know.

the scout rangers still got a few functioning AUGs, they lack magazines which is not the same as the m16. they have the m24 for snipers and an accurized m14. they also have the barrete m95 for long ranges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the light reaction company(batallion??) got some nice m4a1s with the bling-bling courtesy of uncle sam:)

the navy, specially the navsog still uses the grease gun:)

marines same as the army, but they got more m60s and the m249s

and the psg got the cool stuff like the g36k, mp5 pdw, and other exotics.

check out timawa.net for afp pages and links.

13. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Abso-effing-lutely.
    I see a few mongrel MOLLE setups, pero ang pangit ng fit.
    Minsan naa-awa ako, minsan naku-kunsume.
    Hindi na nga maka-ahon ang AFP sa US EDA, e...
    kakaltasan pa bago maka-abot sa sundalo.

It may be more accurate to say they've recently started using
    refurbished M3's :)

14. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

hehehe you are right, i stand corrected:) i just love to have one of their rubber boats, it can fly through the waves.

[​IMG]

15. asian_glockster

asian_glockster Hook Up!!!!!!!!

Fire Support assets- Organic to Infantry Units

60mm Mortar- Organic to Inf Coy (2 per Coy)
    81mm Mortar- Organic to Inf Bn (4 per Bn)
    90mm RR

go to this link: http://www.hueybravo.net/index.htm

16. revo

revo

Interesting thread.

That guy using the M24 has no hearing protection.

Oh well..

It's clear that the Phil military is underequipped.

That's really sad.

We will be wiped out in the first wave of a Chinese invasion without the Americans helping out.

There's always guerrilla warfare.

17. asian_glockster

asian_glockster Hook Up!!!!!!!!

In case of external agression, the Armed Forces will engage the enemy conventionally, using regular troops, giving enough time to muster reservists. Reservists will be used as combat support and combat service support roles and if necessary as a combat unit. Yes, the individual equipment of our troops sucks, but what is more important is the command, control and communication aspect or what we call C3.

Since the AFP is poorly equipped, it doesn't mean that the troops are poorly trained. The AFP is capable of handling the current threat,(insurgents, seccessionists and terrorists) but when it comes to full scale foreign invasion, that is another story.

The AFP relies on the reserve pool as a base for expansion, but the problem right now is the quality of resevists. Since the government spends so much money on counter insurgency, modernization is affected and the training of reservists is neglected. Unless we get rid of our insurgency problem, we couldn't modernize and training will not improve for the reserves.The average age of reservists is around 30 years old.ROTC graduates rarely reports for Annual Active Duty Training (AADT). Reserve unit commanders uses initiative and ingenuity when it comes to training its men, but most of the time, reservists ended up paying for thier training. WALA NA NGA SILANG SAHOD, PINAG AABONO PA SILA!!!!!

18. chowchow

chowchow

ROTC ako x 2 years 1986-1988. Hindi nga ako nakahawak ng baril. Tingin lang at pabilad sa init ng araw. Parade formation ang forte namin. A ang grade ko sa subjects nayon. Yung time pinalitan nila ang pangalan ng CHDF to CAFGU.

19. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

hehehe, i put the muffs on when i started firing, thats just for the camera:) you are right, the equipment of our soldiers sucks, they cant even get the uniforms right. and the boots, i really dont know how they managed to still walk properly after wearing them.