Standard Glock or Trijicon Night Sights?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by vanderson, Oct 1, 2007.

1. vanderson

vanderson

Would you put standard Glock or Trijicon night sights on your Glock 23? And why?

2. .40calPower

.40calPower .40s&w rocks!!

If I had to choose between the two it would be Trijicon. Trijicon front sights screw on, allowing you to remove them without damaging the sight. Glock front night sights have to be crimped on. If you ever wanted your slide refinished you would have to purchase a new front sight because it can only be used once. If you want the best of both worlds go with Meprolights. I think they have a better sight picture over Trijicon and they also screw on. Meprolights are also $20 cheaper then Trijicon usually and they still provide a 12yr warranty. Another little bit of info that might help you with your decision is factory Glock night sights are actually made by Meprolight. The only difference between factory and aftermarket Meps is the aftermarket sights screw on and the factory Glock Meps don’t. I hope this helps you.

3. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Meps are very bright, rugged combat-style night sights. They're great bull's-eye sights at under 50 feet, at least for me. Their big glowing orbs are the brightest I've seen. The white markers are plastic inserts, so they withstand many solvents.

The Trijicons on Judy's G19 are also very nice. They would be a better choice for target sights, for the sharper eyed shooter because the front sight blade is narrower. The Trijicon lamps are plenty bright, but are a bit smaller than the Meps, so they appear a little dimmer. The white markers are painted on, so avoid using strong solvents on them (Hoppe's Elite or multi-coated lens cleaner) is safe).

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=17

Another great choice is AmeriGlo. They use Trijicon lamps, but have white PVC inserts for markers. They also have a wide selection of sight styles, and they sell separates.

http://ameriglo.com/

Do consider the Green Front, Yellow Rear marker lamps. I like this set up better than all green!

--Ray

4. vanderson

vanderson

5. RayB

RayB Retired Member

These should include a threaded front sight. The "staked on" are usually OEM only.

It wouldn't hurt to call or email, to confirm! Expect great service. :thumbsup:

--Ray

6. .40calPower

.40calPower .40s&w rocks!!

Those are the exact sights I put on my Glocks. Make sure you select the 6.5mm instead of the 6.9mm. The 6.5mm sights are for G23s. I noticed you selected the 6.9mm sights. I know you will love them once you get them. Like I said earlier, I have had Trijicons before. I did like them but I feel Meps have the advantage. I’m sure this was probably a fluke thing, but the first set of Trijicons I purchased were defective. The front sight was slightly crooked. They weren't installed wrong they were manufactured incorrectly. I emailed Trijicon however and they replaced it free of charge.

7. vanderson

vanderson

Thanks a lot man, yeah I selected the wrong one because the picture looked better in my opinion.