close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stainless .357 snub in NC

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by BigKen, Feb 4, 2007.

1. BigKen

BigKen Root Dr

Hey all,

I'm looking for a stainless .357 2-3" barrel, preferably with adj sights. I'm near Raleigh, but can travel to make a deal. I have permits if needed.

Thanks,

~BK~

2. mr.rocket

mr.rocket

BK -
    If you start to consider pistols from out of state (shipped to your FFL) - let me know.
    Thanks!

3. BigKen

BigKen Root Dr

I'm not closed to out of state guns. Let me know what you have.
    Thanks,

~BK~

4. SBM

SBM

Just curious, what price range are you looking for? Brand?

Reason I ask, is that a couple of the local stores here have an incredible selection of .357s and .38s in short barrel versions, at some damn fine prices. I know in your area, some of the local guys think they are Desert Eagle .50s with gold plate.

5. BigKen

BigKen Root Dr

Mainly S&W or Taurus, but open to any. Looking at less than $500. This is for my wife to carry. We went to Mace Sports in Mebane yesterday and looked at some there, but his prices seem a little high to me. Not real bad but I would like to shop around. We will prolly hit up Davi's and PDHSC in the next week, but if I can find a good deal on a used gun, that would be better.

Thanks,

~BK~

6. SBM

SBM

Ok..just curious. I bought my wife a Taurus .38 UltraLite a while back to try to get her interested in shooting, and it worked. She just told me to write on here that its not for sale..LOL...however, you might try calling Archdale Arms and Ammo in Archdale. The owner is the Chief of Police for the city there and hes got some really good deals on Taurus, some under $400 last time I checked. Sometimes he will have a trade in for a couple of hundred. Its worth calling them on.
    Also, I was REAL impressed with a place down in Albemarle called Gods Country. The guys behind the counter were knowledgeable and didnt really try to push anything on us when we went looking for a new trap gun. They are NOT as open to wheeling and dealing on the prices, but as low as they are, you really dont need to. I plan on getting a couple of Brownings from them, and as soon as they get a new XD40 subcompact in with the sights I want, Ill be there.

I have three Taurus pistols, and for the money, they are NOT bad. As I stated to another guy in another post, the EAA Windicator isnt bad for the money either. Its imported from a German company and its a fine CCW. Just not as compact as the Taurus or a Smith.
    The wife and I have shot several thousand rounds by this time through hers, and it still looks like new...the Taurus that is. Ill poke around tomorrow at the local place here in town, and find out what exactly they have in stock, altho, unless its a hell of a deal, they are jackasses to deal with.

7. BigKen

BigKen Root Dr

Thanks. I have a Taurus .357 with a 6" barrel and it is one of the most accurate guns I have ever owned. The wife claimed it after the first time she shot it. You really can't beat them for the $. Also they now make Rossi, so I'd be open to checking one of those out. I used to carry a Rossi .38 when I worked at a store years ago. It was not too bad, but now that Taurus is making them, I bet the quality is even better.

~BK~

8. BigKen

BigKen Root Dr

I have a Jing 12 Ga coach gun with double hammers I just traded for that I will trade for a .357. It is unfired and in good condition. I can send pics.

Thanks,

-Ken

9. GlockNgtSgt

GlockNgtSgt

Ken,

Check out the link below. It's a pretty nice weapon....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=65131389

Good luck.