Stag Arms Model 2 & Primary Arms M3 MRRD Range Report

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by jdodd, Nov 8, 2010.

1. jdodd

jdodd

Well after what felt like an eternity I finally made it out to the range to test out my brand new stag arms model 2 and my primary arms m3 multi-reticle red dot. Test set-up was as follows:

Stag Arms Model 2 (CT AWB Compliant – pinned stock & pinned compensator)
    -Magpul ASAP, Polymer Trigger Guard, MOE Grip, MBUS, MOE Hand Guard, MOE MVG, P-Mags.
    -Badger Ordinance Tactical Latch
    -Primary Arms M3 Multi-Reticle Red Dot with high-cant mount

Shooting: XM193

Pre-Range: I took the gun apart, basic visual inspection, cleaned off all factory lube and applied weapon shield CLP. I fiddled with the sights mostly because I was bored…

Red Dot: My first shots were on paper at ~ 30ft, few clicks and then I moved out to 25yards (range max). As I was sighting in shots were repeatable, tight groups and adjustments were as expected. I had a vertical line of shots as I adjusted towards my zero.

I found the red dot to be very satisfactory, held its zero all day and adjustments were perfect. I received several questions and compliments on the red dot and my shooting. I got a few wide eyes and jaw drops when people tried it out and then I told them the price!

Irons: Ill just come right out and say it, im horrible with the AR-15 Irons…there I said it. I think its my contacts…but for the life of me I cant maintain a decent sight picture. Talk about a kick in the nuts after going from awesome shooting using my red dot to irons! I was able to hit center of mass at 25yards…but I was all over. Such is life!

Post-Range: I wont be able to shoot for a while, so a quick cleaning and back in the safe she went. Gave the gun a run through for premature wear / loose fasteners and none were to be found.

I knew exactly what I was buying when I bought this rifle and optics. For my intended purposes I honestly couldn’t be happier, I absolutely love this set-up. The only thing left to add is a PA magnifier with flip to side mount. Then this rifle is ready for the zombie armies.

Feel free to ask any questions about the rifle or optics,

-J

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  2. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

3. chineseboxer

chineseboxer

I also have a Stag Model 2...LOVE IT and have had Zero issues after approx 1500 rounds. Reloading for it now and everything A ok. I'm not a great shot either, my eyes are getting older. I have a Bushnell trophy dot on mine but can still co-witness my irons. You will get better with the irons, just keep shootin.

Congrats.

4. jdodd

jdodd

5. Tucson_1

Tucson_1

Nice looking Stag rifle you've got there. Mine has several thousands rounds though it without issue. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours. :wavey:

6. jdodd

jdodd

:supergrin:

Im already planning my next trip!

-J

7. den888

den888

8. tchick

tchick

Thanks for the review. I've been looking at one of the Primary Arms sights for my AR-180.