Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
St. Louis City Shooting Caught on Video in Broad Daylight – Soros-Funded Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner Drops Case and Lets Shooter Walk Free
By Jim Hoft
Published April 16, 2020 at 11:29am

A shooting was caught on camera last Friday after a car crash in a busy St. Louis City intersection. The crash and shooting took place on Lindell and Sarah near the Central West End.

Two men were seen arguing after the crash in the middle of Lindell Boulevard when one man pulled out a gun and started shooting.

The entire episode was caught on camera.

KMOV has video

Police union stunned no charges filed in CWE shooting caught on tape https://t.co/1rNAXupYpk via @KMOV

— Jim Hoft (@gatewaypundit) April 16, 2020

But St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner let the shooter walk free the next day without filing charges.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ney-kim-gardner-drops-case-shooter-walk-free/

Reactions: DonGlock26

·
UBER VOL !!!
2,792 Posts
That’s what the State is for...to fix crap like this.

And to bring charges for dereliction of duty and malfeasance by elected officials.

Surely the AG will have something to say about it.

I wonder if she didn’t charge him because he might get Coronavirus in jail. Gotta protect the citizens, you know. Oh, wait a minute

Reactions: TBO and mc1911

·
UBER VOL !!!
2,792 Posts
Who’s to say the prosecutors are to blame? Could be bad police work and reports as well.

The prosecutor stated that is she isn’t charging at this time because of a self defense claim. The video belies that. You should watch it.

All appearances are that she won’t charge a black dude because he’s black....or poor...or oppressed, or some other nonsense that has NOTHING to do with the facts at hand, which are obvious.

Watch the video. No bail is appropriate, IMO.

·
Come on man!!
16,633 Posts
The prosecutor stated that is she isn’t charging at this time because of a self defense claim. The video belies that. You should watch it.

All appearances are that she won’t charge a black dude because he’s black....or poor...or oppressed, or some other nonsense that has NOTHING to do with the facts at hand, which are obvious.

I watched the video and I'm not so sure I agree with you without knowing more about what was being said and done between the time "victim" started advancing towards the suspect and the shots being fired.

At least one of the victim's hands was in his pocket. Was he reaching for something? Was he making threats to do some type of great bodily harm as he was advancing? Was he advancing on the shooter to shake hands and exchange insurance info?

These are important questions that maybe the prosecutor has answers to that we don't. When I know more my opinion might change one way or the other. As of now, I'm squarely in the middle.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts

I watched the video. But the video covers nothing about the recovery process of any other evidence, investigative tactics or interview/interrogation procedures. I’ve seen a few cases turned down that I was pissed off about until I talked to the prosecutor and found out some officer did something that got the case tossed out

Not saying that is the case here, but I don’t know anything other than this article.

·
Massive Member
25,632 Posts
MIssouri has stand your ground law. Anybody know if their version includes giving the shooter the rebuttable presumption that the defendant had reasonable fear that deadly force was necessary right off the bat? Article said he raised a self defense claim, I'm assuming that invokes their stand your ground laws.

From what I saw, the guy in blue shirt advances on him, they're arguing according to the narration, and blue shirt guy reaches into his front pocket.

If he claims the blue shirt guy threatened his life, said something about going to shoot him, and reached into his pocket, he may actually have a pretty good self defense claim. Plenty good enough for stand your ground at least in the short term until they can determine what was said, if that was really threatening. Stand your ground requires them to take the shooters word for it, unless and until they have evidence otherwise if I'm not mistaken.

Article doesn't say if blue shirt guy went down, doesn't look like it, if he had time to ditch a gun if he had one in his pocket before getting medical help.

Doesn't stand your ground reverse some of the burdens of proof involved regarding when you can file charges? Thought it presumed the shoot was good unless you develop PC it wasn't, as opposed to regular shooting where you just need PC that he shot him, and then it's up to the shooter to prove self defense?

If that's the case, prosecutor needs evidence it was NOT a self defense claim to file charges. Unless I'm way out of line here. Not a lawyer.

But on the other hand, you'd think the cops were aware of that, so presumably they must think they've got enough eveidence to justify charges even with stand your ground being invoked... so there's that.

Randy

·
UBER VOL !!!
2,792 Posts
I watched the video and I'm not so sure I agree with you without knowing more about what was being said and done between the time "victim" started advancing towards the suspect and the shots being fired.

At least one of the victim's hands was in his pocket. Was he reaching for something? Was he making threats to do some type of great bodily harm as he was advancing? Was he advancing on the shooter to shake hands and exchange insurance info?

These are important questions that maybe the prosecutor has answers to that we don't. When I know more my opinion might change one way or the other. As of now, I'm squarely in the middle.
Fair enough, and good points. I was going on the fact that a guy shot a guy that was yelling at him. No weapon presented, no physical altercation, no real deadly threat that I could see.

You make a good point that there MAY be more to this than just what was seen.

But I doubt it.

·
Come on man!!
16,633 Posts
Fair enough, and good points. I was going on the fact that a guy shot a guy that was yelling at him. No weapon presented, no physical altercation, no real deadly threat that I could see.

You make a good point that there MAY be more to this than just what was seen.

But I doubt it.
Honestly, I do the same exact thing the first time I watch any video like that. I usually have to watch them several times to look for different details that are pertinent.

Admittedly, this one looks bad for the shooter based on what is visible on camera. The unknown details are really important on this one.

·
Massive Member
25,632 Posts
His hands weren’t originally in his pockets. I noticed as he advanced he put his hand in his pocket, that’s a warning sign depending on what he was saying at the time, if there were verbal threats, that’s the means to carry them out.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,556 Posts
I think this bears more investigation. Nevertheless, shooting after the threat was over does not look good for the shooter.

Reactions: Lord

·
Registered
8,117 Posts

I saw a big dude approach with hand in his pocket. Depending on what he had said and/or was saying it could be a defensive shoot. I do figure if the police said charges needed to be filed they are probably right.
Charges may yet happen.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Who’s to say the prosecutors are to blame? Could be bad police work and reports as well.
Sure, it happens. Do a search : George Soros donates to local AG elections. Soros organizations are funding AG's all over the country. They are the ones that are saying they won't prosecute certain crimes.

·
Massive Member
25,632 Posts
Sure, it happens. Do a search : George Soros donates to local AG elections. Soros organizations are funding AG's all over the country. They are the ones that are saying they won't prosecute certain crimes.
Wait... So you’re saying Soros is funding AG’s in order to stop prosecution of gun crimes?

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Don't Jump!
4,635 Posts
Looks like just another day in the 'hood to me. That girl is not going to be able to hear out of her ear for a while. Nothing like having a gun go off next to your face.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts