SS agents talk about people that they have protected.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Oct 28, 2015.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Yup, I had many conversations with SS agents over the years, all concurred.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

2. ronduke

ronduke

Several years ago, I was working an off duty detail. I was in uniform and back stage, when former VP Al Gore walked in and prepared to go on stage. It was just him and me, a uniformed officer- no media, cameras, nobody else back stage but us. Mr. Gore walked over to me and said, "thank you for the work that you do", while shaking my hand. While Mr. Gore and I will probably never share many (any) political views, I can assure you that I will always respect the man. His brief actions spoke volumes to me as it defined Mr. Gores' character.
    (This event was also when I learned that a former VP doesn't continue to receive SS protection.)

MSW and TnShooter83 like this.
  3. oldman11

oldman11

I've heard some of this before. When her real self is showing she can be a real b**ch. No wonder Bill was running around on her.

janice6 likes this.
  4. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

They told me Bill was okay, and W was beyond appreciative and respectful.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

5. merlynusn

merlynusn

I heard that W would ride with the SS a lot of times.

6. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

I work with a Marine who was assigned to Camp David. He has nothing but nice things to say about both Presidents Bush (the younger was in office at the time, but the elder often came to visit).

janice6 and Mrs.Cicero like this.
  7. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    George W. is a heck of a guy, and he genuinely appreciates law enforcement; a number of years ago, I was in DC for Police Week and he was the key note speaker at the memorial on the Capitol steps; after the service...he gave a good speech , and when he was scheduled to leave, he came down from the stage and mingled with the rank and file cops from around the country for an hour and a half; I met him, and while we were speaking he looked at my patch and said "I see you're from Florida; you know, I know the Governor down there" : we both laughed (the Governor of FL was his brother Jeb) and we spoke a little more; He was a decent guy, and he came across like a real person, no better than anyone else, very down to earth....you could see the weight of responsibility in his eyes and his posture, and you got the sense that he saw the Presidency as a duty rather than as this great job with a lot of cool status....

KWalrad, janice6 and Mrs.Cicero like this.
  8. k9medic

k9medic

Like several others, I got a chance to meet George W. while providing security during a presidential campaign. I learned a lot of things that day - The President is very nice in person, the Secret Service does not mess around, The FBI is called Famous But Incompetent by Secret Service agents, and lying down on a roof, in the sun, with a rifle for three hours sounds a lot more glamorous when it's called "counter sniper duties for the President."

Several years later I did some work with these guys too.
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1446154063.306465.jpg

9. Semper Discipulus

Semper Discipulus

10. Semper Discipulus

Semper Discipulus

And yet, even when reading first-hand accounts of the way that some of these politicians treat the "hired help", and what that shows about their (lack of) character, how many will care, even when one of them is up for election?

That's truly the frustrating and sad part...

drumr04 and janice6 like this.
  11. janice6

janice6

The people that demand respect rather than command it, I believe are insecure and make up for it by trying to be tyrants.

Those people that command respect know that respect is given, not taken. They accept it and give it graciously.

TBO likes this.
  12. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Southswede likes this.
  13. VPD4327

VPD4327

Not suprised-she doesn't do a good job of hiding her condescending demeanor even in front of the camera. I could only imagine her behind the scenes.

14. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

All the back knowledge aside, if you listen to these people speak, really listen, and particularly to how they portray what they speak of, I think the character can be revealed.

The "what difference does it make" speaks volumes. Not that she didn't care (though that could probably be argued), so much as to she was above the line of questioning. JMHO.

Southswede likes this.
  15. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

I met W at Quantico, he actually came in the weight room and spoke with a bunch of us before he went out on a mountain bike ride. He was a genuine and appreciative individual he even made the quip " I'll shake you hand but don't hurt me" seemed like a guy you could talk to and would like to be around.

TBO likes this.
  16. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

I have firsthand experience seeing how she treats people. Everything I just read is spot on from what I've seen.

Sent from my mobile communication device...