Srt 8 Goes New On Ebay For 29k, Dealer dont want to honor contract

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Teddy57, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Teddy57

Teddy57

Stupid dealer didn't put a reserve, Hitman on Challengertalk.com won it, dealer won't honor the ebay contract. Sold for 29.1k

Spread the word, this is starting to get national attention.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/ne...ls-29-1k-34598/

Personally, I think its great...he should get his car. Screw the stealerships!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Meh will just be a negative for the seller probably... all he has to say is "I don't have it"

3. Teddy57

Teddy57

Sorry title should say "Doesn't"...C&P from somewhere else.

Buyer already won the bid for the car and sent the req'd deposit for that car with that VIN number. Now a binding contract!?

4. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

I'm no lawyer, but that "legally binding contract" at the bottom is only for the buyer to produce, not the seller. That, and ebay transactions are not "legally binding" in any sphere outside of ebay unless monies were already trasferred. HH

5. Daynja

Daynja

Sellers on ebay back out all the time. They just get a black mark on their account, no big deal.

I think $29k is still a rip off though.

6. 9mmXRAY

9mmXRAY IDPA MW2 GSSF

Honestly if this kid has 29 grand laying around to blow on a new Dodge SRT8 off of ebay... He's lucky he didn't win it and find out it was in a flood...

Hold on I have to check ebay... I'm in the process of buying a new house...:rofl:

7. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

8. TurboRocket

TurboRocket

That would be funny to see her rip the dealer a new one.

9. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

I had a seller do that to me recently on ebay. I won a ring and she didn't think my winning bid was high enough so she ripped the center stone out and is trying to sell them separate. Dumb-*** didn't know that's what reserves are for.

10. KDawg0007

KDawg0007

I think that is about the right price for one of those overweight beasts. Cool car but $40k? I don't think so. All the pony car wanna be's, mustang, camaro, challenger, all weigh way to much and cost $15k more than they should. I looked at a loaded 2010 v6 camaro, $29,000. I almost fell out of the drivers seat on the dealership floor, not even the LS3. They are great cars but certainly not a great value to me. I think congress should introduce dealership pricing reform. That's something I can get behind.

11. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

For that kind of money, I would fly there and inspect the vehicle.

12. Adjuster

Adjuster

I dont know this for fact but I am guessing Ebay has a disclaimer somewhere.

Any errors, omissions, misprints etc void the auction. This is clearly printed on every lotto ticket I have ever purchased. LOL

This issue shouldnt be too hard to resolve. It happens daily on Ebay. Precedents have been set. The amount of dollars and the item make no difference. 1.00 pack of gum or 40,000.00 car.

13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Yeah, actually Ebay contracts are as legal as any other (in fact, unlike other contracts, some federal criminal law can even come into play for fakes) - a person offers something for sale, another person accepts, and even pays - no problem with the contract. Also, there is no such thing as a contract that is binding on only one party - the mutual obligation is the definition of a contract.

That dealer had 0 feedback on Ebay - guess he's learning about "Reserve Prices" now.

14. kestrou

kestrou Pin Member #4

Are you serious?! :upeyes:

kestrou

15. porkchop817

porkchop817

Ebay should step in on the buyers behalf...if the stealership gets by with it, it could set precedence for any seller.

We've all seen the auctions that are listed as "No Reserve! Blah blah blah" then if the auction ends at a lower price point than the seller wanted, they just say "oh, well, yeah...that was an accident. I'm not sure what happened, I thought it would sell for more...I can't let it go at that price."

16. silentpoet

silentpoet

The dealer forgot, or never knew Girard's rule of 250. Which in the age of the internet can be 250,000.

17. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

I would think that the dealer has to come through. Curious as to how this pans out.

18. TacticalBling

TacticalBling

Reserve auctions are such crap anyway...but that's a rant for another thread.

Hope the dealer gets the negative feedback and lack of business he/she/it deserves...

19. loki993

loki993

So if the buyer agrees to buy something and back out he can be sued, but if the seller does there no recourse? that hardly seems fair.

I agree with all you comments. The Challenger and Camaro are great looking cars, but probably weigh at least 500 lbs more than they should.

20. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

Not only is it not fair, it's also untrue.

Contract law has been around for a looooong time. If I offer something and you accept and you pay me (even a good faith deposit) I have to give you what I offered.

Any civil court with jurisdiction can enforce this contract, it's really very cut and dried.