close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Squatter Squirrels

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Glockrunner, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

An elderly German couple were forced out of their home when a family of squirrels moved in and chased them off.

Heinz Steinhaeuser and his wife Brunhilde, from Verden in Lower Saxony, were kept out of their house for almost two hours.

They eventually had to call the fire brigade to reclaim their home from the squirrel pair and their three offspring.

Steinhaeuser said the family of squirrels slipped into the house when he went outside to pick up his newspaper and they had chased his wife out.

When firemen arrived, the squirrels hid in the bed and other furniture before the five officers were able to catch them one-by-one, often by dismantling much of the furniture to corner the animals individually.

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Too bad they didn't have a

[​IMG]

or a

[​IMG]

People in Lower Saxony must not be very resourceful, methinks.

3. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Just remember, when they outlaw squirrels, only outlaws will have squirrels.

4. vafish

vafish

I had a miniature Dachshund, named Alex, when I was a kid. In the open back yard he could never get close to the squirrels.

But he got a lot of squirrels and chipmunks when we'd go camping and they'd get into the screen house going after the food. In the close in area the squirrels would run around the screen house looking for their way out, Alex would cut the corners and nail them. He'd rip them to shreds when he caught them. I think he was taking out his frustration for the ones he couldn't catch in the yard.

5. Sharker

Sharker

Thats what my rottie does to Dachshund... Actually truth be told, my 130 pound rottie will run like a scared girl from a yorkie or other smiliarly small dog. Weird dog!