Spyderco Endura 4 Signature VG-10 Steel Blade and Stainless Steel Handle - SpyderEdge Serration

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Deputydave, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

When I retired the shift chipped in and got me an Amazon gift card. I appreciated that quite a bit. Didn't really know what to get though. This morning I decided to get a this...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BSY9GW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[​IMG]

Back around 1994 I purchased a Spyderco Endura with full serrations. I carried that knife daily for 24 years. It was fantastic and I used it for all sorts of tasks. Never an issue and I never had to sharpen it. Still razor sharp. I gave it to my son a couple of years ago. Still looks like the day I bought it. It's the original with the black polymer handle and clip integrated into the handle.

I've been carrying the Byrd Hawkbill that I pictured in the original post in this thread. And it's a dandy little knife. I'll probably toss it in the car or in my sling bag as a back up. But always did like the Endura. Perfect size. So I figured I'll get this stainless steel version and make that my EDC knife. The clip can be adjusted which is nice. I like the knife to by point down in my waist band or pocket so that when I draw it my thumb is right where the hole is located for quick deployment. I prefer the full serrations so that is what I ordered. Hoping I like this one every bit as much as I did the original.

MFC4, MinervaDoe and smith10 like this.
  2. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    That’s a great knife. I carried this old one on duty for many years before retiring it in favor of a black plastic Endura that I won in a raffle and then recently lost. I’m retired now too and I have this one as a keepsake.

FBFCD7AE-5A94-4A1B-863E-C85D5D592206.jpeg

MFC4, smith10 and Deputydave like this.

3. Deputydave

Looks like it has held up really well. I like the engraving on the side. I wonder what it would cost to have my star engraved into the handle? That would really give it a nice touch.

4. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Mine was a group purchase thing back in the late 1990s. There’s a bunch of them out there. If memory serves, we ordered them direct from Spyderco.

Deputydave likes this.
  5. MFC4

MFC4 Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses

You can’t go wrong with Spyderco IMO. Congrats on the knife and retirement.

Deputydave likes this.
  6. Deputydave

Thank you. Been enjoying the retirement a LOT :)

And I'm actually very excited to get this knife. Should be delivered tomorrow and it will immediately become my EDC.

Officer's Match and MFC4 like this.
  7. Deputydave

Okay, I received the stainless steel Endura 4. VG-10 steel. I immediately noticed this knife has some heft to it. Not in a bad way but rather it feels heavy enough to be robust enough to get the job done. Only thing I had to do was switch the clip around to the position I prefer which was an easy matter as I have a small bit screwdriver set. Easy one-thumb opening that will even improve with use. Came with a very light coating of oil on the blade and handle lock up. Had a plastic film over the grip on both sides to protect from scratches. I will begin carrying this on today.

So all-in-all a very nice retirement gift. :)

chemboy, Officer's Match and MFC4 like this.