close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spyderco Delica and Leatherman Wave FT

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by glockthirtysix, Oct 13, 2006.

1. glockthirtysix

glockthirtysix Glocksucker

I have the following to trade:

Spyderco Delica Spyderedge with ATS-55 blade and metal pocket clip. Lightly used. Still in good shape. No box. **TRADED**

Leatherman Wave with Black lanyard loop and belt clip and nylon sheath. Only a few weeks old and shows no wear. No Box.

Looking for a new or light user Spyderco Yojimbo or Zero Tolerance 200..... Open to all offers though....

Email glockthirtysix@hotmail.com

2. glockthirtysix

3. Colubrid

Colubrid

I have this Spyderco to trade for your new Wave. Not sure what the handle is made of but I have never seen one before so I guess its rare. I bought it about 15-16 years ago for $110. at a gun show. I used it as a money clip when traveling by air. Since 911 I have no use for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Colubrid

Colubrid

Also, how much would you want for the LM in cash?

5. bigcozy

bigcozy

That is a very early co-pilot, they quit using G2 steel a good while back. Never seen one with that handle, probably of interest to spydie collectors.

6. Colubrid

Colubrid

bigcozy,

Thank for that. I cannot recall the handle material but thats what made it so expensive at the time. I think it was something more costly than titanium.

7. Colubrid

Colubrid

Okay I just found out it is a C09SATU CoPilote with Tufram coated Aluminium.

8. Colubrid

Colubrid

9. glockthirtysix

I've decided to keep the Wave....

Thanks for all of the offers...

10. Colubrid

Colubrid

emails and PM sent

11. Colubrid

Colubrid

Glockthirtysix,

I had sent you a PM but decided to respond here as well.

As you know I already sent the spyderco out to you the same day you decided to call off the trade. Now I have emailed you several times in the past week and no response since I mailed it off.. I expect to at least hear something back. An apology? Maybe send my knife back? Maybe sending your LM as we agreed on ?

I am getting worried because I sent you emails that worked before this trade. Unless you are sick or something happened I need to get an update on what you plan on doing.

Either way it was wrong for you to email me your address and tell me to send the spyderco after we went back and forth and then the following morning tell me the deal is off. The night before I copied your address and took the spyderco to work with me and sent it off. I did not see you emails until after I mailed it.

Here is your emails:

sent 10/17/06

As much as I'd like to trade you for the Spyderco, some things have come up and I'm going to have to sell the Wave... I'll take $70 shipped for it... I prefer PayPal...
    You want it?

~Gary

Next email:

> Subject: RE: wave
    >
    >
    > Just got the emails.... let me think it over. I'll let you know by Monday...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Gary

>

and your next email:

Oh hell... I'll do it... I'm a sucker for all Spyderco's....

Send the Spyderco to:

Gary Duplessis
    320 Magnolia Avenue
    LaPlace, LA 70068

Email me your address.

Thanks,
    Gary

Here is my reply:

----------------------------------------
    > From: bluerosy@comcast.net
    > To: glockthirtysix@hotmail.com
    > Subject: Re: wave
    > Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:55:11 -0400
    >
    > Great! I will package it up and send it your way tommorow.
    >

Rainer
    > ----- Original

and your cancellation after I mailed it:

I sent another email to you, I've decided to keep it. Thanks anyway...
    ~Gary

We also had several back and forth emails before thse emails. I also expect a $5. shipping fee in return should you decide to return my spyderco.

12. Colubrid

Colubrid

Okay so now I get finally get a PM saying you lost the LM. SO which is it... are you keeping it or did you lose it?

Glocksucker

Re: Trade
    Rainer,

First of all I am out of town. I backed out of the deal because I lost the Wave at work. I bought a new one and I intend to keep it. I will mail the Spyderco upon returning home Thursday.

~Gary

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colubrid wrote on 10-25-2006 19:26:
    Gary,

I am really getting worried you are keeping the knife. Your non responses and backing out in the last minute really has my head spinning. Please let me know if you are sending the knife back or what you are planning.

Didn't mean to be rude in my last PM but your unanswered emails and your backing out of the trade has me concerned. As anyone would be.

RAINER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. dissthis

dissthis Gun Fan

:popcorn:

hope you get your knife back....

14. Colubrid

Colubrid

.First of all I am out of town. I backed out of the deal because I lost the Wave at work.]

So you emailed me on the 17th and said you will do the trade. Then the following morning of the 18th (the day I sent it) you emailed me that you would keep it. Now you are telling me you lost it OVERNIGHT? WOW~ thats was FAST!

Next you do not answer any emails or ANY PM for 7 days until I posted here on the public forum on the 25th. Thats is 7 days of not hearing anything and now you say you lost your LM after I sent the spyderco and emailed you sevrral times that I had already sent the knife off. So you just left me hanging?....HA HA HA!....Sorry but I don't buy any of this. I think you just changed your mind on the deal and want to hold onto your LM wave. I don't blame you. I want it to. But since I sent the knife and you put me through the ringer I would send the LM wave. Thats what i would do. But I guess I am happy to get anything back at this point. I mean I am lucky to get the knife back right? Thats whats important.

I bought a new one and I intend to keep it. I will mail the Spyderco upon returning home Thursday.

Oh so now I am supposed to belive you lost the LM overnight and you bought one during the week. You gave no response until now and only after I posted on a public forum. Then all of a sudden *BOOM* I get a reply within an hour on here. Hmmmmm. Sorry but this doesn't make you story any more credible.

Also stop PM me and answer on here because you are digging a hole deeper everytime and people need to see it.

15. glockthirtysix

First off, I foolishly agreed to trade with this guy. I've been a member her for a VERY long time and have dealt with a majority of the members here and they know I am a stand up guy.

Well, I agreed to the deal. I'll agree to that much. Well I lost it later that night at work. I immediately emailed rainer that I decided to keep it. Well I now know I should have explained it all down to the smallest detail, but that wasn't enough, I guess.
    Anyway, I emailed him TWICE stating that I no longer wanted to do the deal. Meanwhile, I left for business, out of town and I finally get email access this evening at an internet cafe before going back to the hotel. Well he mailed the knife and THEN checked his email to find that he shouldn't have.

Now I've been out of pocket since then and I told him that I will mail it out first thing tomorrow when I arrive home, and instead, decided to post all messages (conveniently edited in his favor) as opposed to replying to me.

He will have his knife back shortly and that is all that there is to it.

So flame me if you will, but I haven't done anything wrong here and he will have his knife back.

16. Colubrid

Colubrid

Now I've been out of pocket since then and I told him that I will mail it out first thing tomorrow when I arrive home, and instead, decided to post all messages (conveniently edited in his favor) as opposed to replying to me.

Well I am glad you are mailing the knife back. But the fact you said I conveneintly edited your emails is another misrepresntation. If you have any other emails then post them here so we can all see what you mean by that.

These forums are a double-edge sword, meaning anyone can post any drivel as he/she seems fit-and even the most base of accusations can become a matter of debate amongst serious parties in an effort to get to the truth of the matter. In light of that 2 sides need to be presented so that interested parties can determine the truth as it makes most sense to them.

When you buy something or trade to someone honest data as to the condition and existence of the item is taken by their word-but some see and opportunity to make themselves seem more credible, it becomes obvious that you are coloring the situation to suit your own needs.

In Glockthirtysix case he opts for misrepresentation. For all his spouting about the emsils and blaming me for not checking the emails the following day and then not responding for a week after I sent the knife, its simple case of "the Lady doth protesteth to much" He is offering this sceanrio that he now lost his Leatherman on the eve we made the deal and then futher adds that he bought another one this week to replace it. If he wanted to trade it why did he purchase another one?

Glockthirtysix continues his tradition of misreprestation with his allusions as to my public posts are whiney and has gone on the offense rather than apology.

These forums, at their best, are a place for people to obtain the FACTS which will help futher honest trades and deals in the future. Its hard enough these days to extract the truth behind the origins of the emails between tow parties without certain individuals clouding the issues for whatever personal gain.

Now that two sides have been presented, any/all interested parties will be able to draw their own conclusions.

My aplogies for taking up so much space on ethics-when we'd all much rather be reading about something else-anything rather than its greed aspect.

But certain individuals/issues need a "powerwash" occasionally-to help prevet others being mislead.

Long story short Glockthirtysix, you're incredibly FOS, and you know it.

Best wishes

Colubrid

17. Colubrid

Colubrid

Oh and I also replied to all your PM's which you just sent today. Do you wish me to post them as well?

18. glockthirtysix

Believe what you will.

The knife will be shipped in the morning.

Enough said.

19. jbirds1210

jbirds1210 Willwork4ammo

FWIW-
    I was involved in the trade for the Spyderco Delica. The trade turned out beautifully and everything was delivered when promised. I hope that you guys get things worked out. Take care.
    Jason

20. Colubrid

Colubrid