Glock Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 153 Posts
Then...and here's the kicker...even if they stopped you illegally for out of state plates, you're still the one who went to jail for refusing to show your license and insurance that you are required to show.
Oh, was that the charge and the stated reason for arrest? Did what you read offer a different viewpoint on this claimed refusal to show license and insurance?

I think perhaps you should stop playing Nancy Grace, and just wait for the verdict.

No.
Because I would expect an officer to NOT go around sparking confrontations.

You caused that BP interaction to turn into what it became.

You are a more clever version of Leonard Embody. That is all.
And how did I spark that confrontation? There is video of the entire incident, and you can even post a link to a precise time in the video.

Looking forward to you backing up your claim.

Is this the same Richard Rynearson who was a pilot in the Air Force? Possibly with a medal of Valor? If

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
That's not him, that Richard Rynearson is 63 years old, retired USAF, and lives in Houston.

Though this "Richard" is attempting to portray himself as the same guy.

Another "poser?"

If that is not your video, then I apologize for making that assumption. There are two quotes in there that make it appear as if your intents are worse than they may be.

As for the laws, in my state:

ORC 2513.22 makes it illegal to have an apparatus that produces excessive smoke. It would only ever be an issue if you used it. If you were to use it during contact with the police then you would be violating ORC 2921.31 - Obstructing Official Business at a minimum.

ORC 4513.21 makes it illegal for any vehicle outside of Public Emergency vehicles to have any siren capable of being used whenever the vehicle is not in park.

Besides that, it is on you to know the law for whatever state you are in. I believe that a lot of this thread is based on that concept.

ORC 2921.331 makes it illegal for someone to not comply with the orders of a police officer during a traffic stop. So, yes, if you want to fight a police officer and not comply then you're going to jail. That is why there are processes set up for addressing any grievance you may have.

Like I have said before, arguing with emotion instead of doing it objectively does not further this conversation.

I used the word argument because you seem to be arguing based on emotion vs. discussing objectively.
I look forward to your objective and well researched rebuttals to my points, to show that my "argument" is nothing but emotion.

The argument is that you need this new equipment to guard from an unlawful arrest.
Ok, so how is that a losing argument?

The courts already provide that.
So if an LEO is unlawfully attempting to arrest me, the Nine will come down in their flowing robes and get the unlawful LEO to stop? I don't think the courts do anything to keep those who would break the law, from breaking the law anymore than laws and case law keep child molesters from trying to touch Timmy.

Attacking LEOs personally over the Internet doesn't go far for furthering the discussion you are attempting to have.
I haven't attacked a single person in this forum.

Accepting the suggestions and opinions of others without trying to defend yourself with emotion instead of fact will also further the conversation.
I agree, if those suggestions are correct. I'm looking forward to them.

Wouldn't be relevant one way or the other. My employment has no bearing whatever on this issue.
Why are you hiding your employment or past military service? It only adds to the suspicion you have created on here.

Dang. Other one got locked. I had a comment about the 4th page but it was locked by the time I could jump in. Gotta start over................Let it run on the home field!

Once again, YOU don't determine if the stop is legal. Not unless you're wearing a black robe, and your job description has the word "Judge"in it somewhere. How hard a concepts is that to grasp?
If a criminal makes his unlawful attempt clear, and threatens violence and attempts violence on me or my loved one, I have every right to self defense regardless if that law breaker has a badge. This is America. We have rights.

How hard is that to grasp?

Wouldn't be relevant one way or the other. My employment has no bearing whatever on this issue.
Sure it is. Because according to your blog "Pick your Battles......the mantra of those who don't battle" (ironic, considering you claim not to be picking a fight) your wife is a Harvard Educated lawyer (and Reserve JAG officer, respectably) and I was just curious if she agrees with your legal content that you have posted hear. Especially since a lot of it is dead wrong. I was also curious if you refer cases of such horrendus police abuse from the poor abused victims of the Gestapo to her. Maybe some that are aired on your VAPA.org site. You seem to have way to much invested in this whole thing for the few and occasional stops you might incur. I know, its none of my business. ROFL!

I would like to know seriously though, how does someone so passionate about freedom, liberty, and blah,blahblah, find 4600 dollars to Obamo's campaign in 2007? I figured you to be a Paul kinda guy.

The Supreme Court, not to mention common sense, has ruled that people have the right to defend themselves against unlawful police attempts to use violence against them, ...
Using violence is not the same as making a traffic stop, nor an arrest.

Apples vs oranges makes for bad logic.

Is this the same Richard Rynearson who was a pilot in the Air Force? Possibly with a medal of Valor? If

Apparently.

http://www.pickyourbattles.net/

Yet I seriously can't reconcile the bio on his blog with the guy in the youtube video. I can't imagine that guy being a pilot with a distinguished flying cross and a wife who is an attorney.

I'm going to assume it's a PTSD issue and I'm not posting on the subject any more.

That's not him, that Richard Rynearson is 63 years old, retired USAF, and lives in Houston.

Though this "Richard" is attempting to portray himself as the same guy.

Another "poser?"
According to his blog, it's him. Would post a link but cellphone don't copy and paste. Google "pick your battles" blog and his name.

Apparently.

http://www.pickyourbattles.net/

Yet I seriously can't reconcile the bio on his blog with the guy in the youtube video. I can't imagine that guy being a pilot with a distinguished flying cross and a wife who is an attorney.

I'm going to assume it's a PTSD issue and I'm not posting on the subject any more.
And back to the charges of crazy we go...

I love it, this is the best thread this year.

I'd love to see you commiting a traffic violation by mistake and interpret the stop as unlawful, thus refusing to take orders from an officer. THAT VIDEO I'D LOOOOOOOOVE TO SEE.

:rofl:

Legal concealed carry. You mean the Second Amendment? No, I'm guessing you mean permits from state governments to decide who gets to enjoy their Second Amendment right and who doesn't.
I don't know why I get the feeling that you carry a concealed firearm without a License in a state where it is required...

81 - 100 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.