Sprint HTC Hero

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by coopaloopa, Feb 15, 2010.

1. coopaloopa

coopaloopa

Anyone have one?

I am considering getting one but I am out of the cell phone loop. I am still using an old sprint flip phone and have never had a "smart phone". Obviously, I am going to like it a lot since I have nothing to compare it against.

Who here knows a thing or two about this that could give me some good info? How is speed and performance compared to competitors?
    How about the value, is it worth the money/a bargain for the money?

I am focused on this model, but open to all suggestions besides the iphone. I have nothing against the iphone, its just not a possibility.

Thanks in advance!
    ::cheers::

2. spartan985

spartan985

On sprint i would go blackberry or palm pre.

Not a fan of winmo at all.

3. MSBullock

MSBullock

Hero is Android; not winmob. It's a decent phone, if you can live without a hardware keyboard. I personally would rather have the keyboard (Samsung Moment), but the operating system works great, and there is a ton of apps/community/developer support for the Android operating system. If you are using it with a Corp email server check with your IT guys to make sure the e-mail client will support it.

4. chrisnkcmo

chrisnkcmo Takamine Newbie

Sprint will be getting the Google nexusOne. Go to google.com/phone. Its an amazing device.

5. spartan985

spartan985

You are correct about android sir

Sorry OP I was wrong. Still stick with BB or pre IMHO

6. flatag

flatag Must have tacos

My son has one and he loves it. Me, I think cell phones are the devil.

7. rjrivero

rjrivero

I have an HTC Hero, just got it a week ago.

I have found an Application called "Shooter" which is a ballistics calculator. There is also a shot timer out there somewhere, (not in the application store.)

The camera is better than the one on the Samsung Moment. There is no Keyboard, so if you're a heavy texter, consider the Samsung. My GF opted for the Moment for just that reason.

Some folks have reported some lock up with their Heros. You can do pretty much anything you want with them. You can charge them via USB cord. They have Wifi Tether Capability. (Though Sprint doens't have a tethering plan anymore with their phones.)

Sprint TV is blah at best. The web browsing is pretty neat. You can zoom in and out and the texting isn't really terrible on the touchscreen keyboard. Works well enough for short messages (Which is all I do on the phone.)

If you have a GMAIL address, then getting your CONTACT list off GOOGLE Contacts is pretty nice. All your contacts go to your phone, and are updated and synchronized with your gmail account. Your Calendar is updated to your phone directly as well. (This was the big selling point for me to the android system.)

If you are really a techno type, you can "root the phone" and load an aftermarket ROM system which I've been told will speed up the hero and allow you to remove some of the "SPRINT ONLY" applications off the phone to free up some ROM. They say it makes them faster, but it also voids the warranty, so I'm sitting on the fence about doing this. I'm sure in the end I probably will Root.

Hope this helps. I'm sure I'll come up with more as I think about it some more.

RJ

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Sprint?

"Dis is Flava Flav, who dis?"

[​IMG]

9. bno762

bno762

Isn't the sprint hero the same as the tmobile g1? If so I love mine.