Springfield Saint Edge PDW

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by porschedog, Jul 23, 2020.

1. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

You're right, in this case just be aware if you're still an indoor range those next to you will likely give you the stink eye being next to you

That said, this format in 300 BLK does make sense. The round is pretty mainstream and available commercially now too

2. porschedog

porschedog

a buddy who runs a LGS called, and just said, “bring your credit card”

B2133B81-1DC8-4A1E-8F4E-4DD257AC9F9B.jpeg

syntaxerrorsix, GLD1980 and Joshhtn like this.

3. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

Did he sell over MSRP? I am on a waiting list but no price was given. If they want more than MSRP, I'll decline. The shop I usually deal with typically will not gouge people and I'd be surprised if they did in this instance. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

4. porschedog

porschedog

The Maxim Hate Brake has to be experienced to be believed. Less muzzle flash and noise than a standard AR carbine with a birdcage mounted on the loud end. No harsh looks from other lanes while shooting this (which I had planned to only shoot at an outdoor range before it tragically fell overboard last night somewhere more than 20 miles off the Florida coast and the Bahamas in 3500 feet of water while delivering emergency supplies of Fig Newtons )

GLD1980 likes this.
  5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

Yeah, I found one barely used in a pawn shop (pre-Corona) and bought it on a lark. 770 bucks and I was still thinking, “DAMN!, This is a bunch of money for something I’ll rarely shoot.”

I changed the flash suppressor for a KAW Valley linear comp to help reduce the audible assault and, being a polite shooter, won’t shoot it at an indoor range. Added a TRS 25 red dot (for now), sighted it in and picked up some MagPul 20rd mags to complete a travel gun that doesn’t take up much room and can fit in a normal looking, non-gun, case.

6. porschedog

porschedog

^ you got a great deal and could double your money in a heartbeat selling it. They are fun to shoot and crazy compact. I’m happy with mine (or I was until it fell overboard Many miles offshore) so to each their own. When it comes to wives, guns, cars and dogs We each have our own preferences so there’s no one answer.

7. rock_castle

rock_castle Enjoys liberal temper tantrums & hissy fits

I saw one up close a while back and it's a pretty sweet gun. I'm not surprised that they are scarce.

8. rock_castle

rock_castle Enjoys liberal temper tantrums & hissy fits

That's what I thought until I got one. It's a 10.5 and I probably wouldn't go any shorter that that. I've only shot it out to about 250 yards but it was deadly accurate at that distance with just a red dot. And being a pistol has real advantages.

9. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

They are plenty accurate, they just lose a lot of performance with the most common ammo. That said, they are 10.5 and that's not terrible. My preference is something close to 12 for a short barrel. I would like it more in 300blk of course. I think takedown ARs are a gimmick, personally. A folding or collapsing stock is fine.

M&P15T and SpringerTGO like this.
  10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

Removing two pins basically makes it a “takedown”.

billy_56081 likes this.
  11. The Father

The Father

Hunted high and low for a Springfield Saint pistol AR, 5.56 or .308.
    Looks pretty slick

12. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

Anyone fired the 7.5 " SA Saint? This one -

Springfield_Armory_Saint_Pistol.jpg

How bad is the noise and blast?? ☹☹☹

mj9mm and GLD1980 like this.
  13. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

I had an opportunity to fondle a 10.5” Saint Pistol with the brace. A very nice piece of hardware overall.
    I saw another manufacturer’s version in use at the range a few years ago. It was VERY LOUD!

14. pspez

pspez

I have one and it's loud but not as bad as my 6920. Now maybe it's just me but it seams to be less concussive. I did add the SB3 brace and I love this gun. It is VERY accurate also.

15. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

That's funny, b/c I have a 6920 now, and am considering going into something like the 7.5" Saint with the SA "Blast Diverter" but was worried and warned about running such a short gun for how LOUD is is indoors?

Would you say it is as loud as or louder than a 18" 12ga indoors?

Thanks -

16. GLD1980

GLD1980

For all of you on the fence, just pull the trigger already. Don't listen to the naysayers and funsuckers, it's your coin. If your looking at this type of gun, a PDW, your not worried about noise and you'll definitely be bringing more to a fight compared to typical PDW 9mm platforms while remains highly concealed. I bought the Saint Edge 10.3" pistol and Wow, things a beast. Yes the pistol is loud, but a good blast regulator will solve that problem. I chose the Surefire Warden DT. The Edge line is premium quality, all the Saints are well built AR's. My next long gun purchases will be the Saint Victor 5.56 & .308 models. Hell, I even want the 7.5" Victor pistol in .300AAC. Get'em while you can because soon they will be gone.
    20200809_214250.jpg

17. pspez

pspez

Eric, without a doubt it's NOT quiet. But with that said the gun is awesome. I love mine. I had to take a road trip with my family a couple off weeks ago and threw the Saint in the back.