Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone carry either of these as a plain clothes duty weapon? I’ve heard of people using Glock 43’s or the 26/27’s frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
A buddy of mine is a big name in the gun industry. Big 1911 shooter. He Carry’s a P365 with an off switch. That’s the version I’d buy.

Another friend of mine bought one and I shot 50-60 rounds through it.I really liked it.

Reactions: Sharkey

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A buddy of mine is a big name in the gun industry. Big 1911 shooter. He Carry’s a P365 with an off switch. That’s the version I’d buy.

Another friend of mine bought one and I shot 50-60 rounds through it.I really liked it.
I carry a Hellcat off duty currently, I was interested if anyone is carrying something similar on duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Why not a 365XL? Still very concealable, a couple more rounds, more WML options due to longer barrel/rail, and possibly a better fit depending on size of your paw.

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I won't say the SIG is better, but that is what I went with for my off duty. I like the 13 round capacity, the grip of the XL fits my hand perfectly, and I like that the barrel is a hair longer than other mini guns. I carry it with an additional mag, and I feel confident to go out and about, not feeling undergunned. From the reviews I've watched, I probably feel the same way with the Hellcat.

·
Registered
24,535 Posts
Between the 2 I shoot the hellcat better. It is just a hair larger in the handle and more grippy that it doesn't twist in my hand. My 365 grip is small enough that my fingers touch the butt of my hand when I try and grip it. No room for a support hand to touch any part of the grip. I shoot the G26 and G19 much better though.

·
Way too busy
5,273 Posts
I switched from the glock 43 to the p365 and absolutely love it. I can drive tacks with that little gun.

I haven't ever shot the hellcat though so I can't help you compare..

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
I had a chance to shoot both and I picked the Hellcat. Or rather my Wife did, "Do you like it?" "I'll buy it for your Christmas present."

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I always manage to circle back around to Glocks for the most part. A buddy had purchased both the Sig and the Springfield. He didn‘t care for Glocks all that much and tended to find fault in just about any subcompact pistol. I fired his Hellcat and it shot okay - can’t think of anything that really stood out. I didn’t get to fire the 365, but personally loved the trigger and ergonomics - and size. He noted that he has had problems with the 365, Hellcat and G43x in that his hands were large and he kept riding his thumb on top of the slide stop lever preventing the slide locking back on an empty mag (I have medium hands and had the same problem with the Hellcat). Nevertheles, it concerned him enough to get rid of all three of those guns. Based on my observstions, the 365 may be the easiest to conceal of the three, but its also a relatively moot point between a 365, Hellcat and original 43. Between the Sig and Springfield, I’d pick the Sig, but it’s really about the individual shooter‘s preferences and performance.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Currently I have a Glock 43, 43x, 48, and a Sig P365, and P365XL. My overwhelming preference out of these five guns is the P365XL. It feels the best, shoots the best, and conceals as well as the others. I rarely carry my P365 as I don’t feel it offers any concealment advantage over the P365XL. As for my Glocks, they hardly ever leave the safe except when I am traveling and need to take a pistol that I care (less) about.

Reactions: Ftttu

·
Why so serious?
45mm 9ACP
67,802 Posts
No experience with the others, but I like my Hellcat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts