Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
1911 lover
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My current plan is to run a couple hundred rounds and a box or 2 of hornady critical duty , or ranger defense ammo before i mess with it.

I dont want a gun with an ILS , but i dont think one is in this. I also prefer a flat mainspring housing.

I might want a tool steel slide stop... but will see how it runs before tearing it apart.

Anyone have one of these ??? Any issues or comments would be appreciated.

Lockup and barrel bushing seem good. I will measure the link size, somtimes they are not the correct size for the gun..

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
I find the Defender very interesting, but have not seen any first-hand, nor have I seen any reviews. It sounds like Springfield quality at a Rock Island price. Let us know what you think. My Range Officer has the ILS. I don't have a problem with it, since the gun is just a range toy. My TRP and Professional don't have it.

·
Daca is caca
4,508 Posts
Been tempted
$500 (iirc) is a hella price

·
Daca is caca
4,508 Posts
Edit
Text Font Line Screenshot

Reactions: Toby196

·
NRA Life Member
73,661 Posts
Finally had a minute to open up my new milspec 1911. It looks pretty nice. The book says it has an internal locking system, but i did not get a key and dont see a lock on the mainspring housing. Do these just not have the lock ??

View attachment 582546 View attachment 582540 View attachment 582544
That's not an internal lock mainspring housing.

Springfield Range Officers are also supposed to have it - I bought 3 new Range Officers and 2 had the internal lock while 1 did not.

·
NRA Life Member
5,635 Posts
I have one..no Locking ILS..

Haven't shot it yet....it is at Springfield Armory having the mag release adjusted or tweaked

Good value for the price....

I do agree with a tool steel slide release....but i don't plan on shooting a ton if i do, Ii will get a Wilson Combat one.

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
It's good to hear some good reports come in. These days, you never know what to expect when someone comes out with a budget model. It doesn't sound like SA cut any corners and it really is a good looking gun, from what I'm seeing. I may have to add another Springfield to the group.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.