GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
A friend of mines selling his Springfield Armory compact 9mm. Should i get it?

If you start a thread asking for advice, it’s only fair that you come back and give us the outcome. If you don’t people will be offering advice for a decade or more, and the now useless thread will go to the top every time.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I had a Springfield XD subcompact 9mm. As you note, G26 size. It was perfectly reliable and a very well-made gun! Buy with confidence if you like it!

I no longer own it, but it was a function of role, not a reflection of the gun itself (I also parted with a G26 for the very same reason). For those that like a gun that size, it is a great gun.

On the plus side, built like a tank, very reliable, and a quality firearm.

Detractors might say it feels a bit top heavy, the sights can take some work to drift, and people either love or hate stainless magazines (Glock fans seem happy with their plastic, but I preferred the stainless XD mags). Some also take jabs at the HS2000/HSProdukt heritage and Croatian origin, but don't let that stop you. It is a fine firearm! I didn't keep my XD in this size because of preference (I want a smaller carry gun, and a larger house gun), but I still have my XD .45ACP.

If you like it, the price is right and it is a nice gun, so buy with confidence!

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
If it helps for comparison of size, I dug into the ol' boilergonzo photo archives (way back to 2007!). This is my original XD Subcompact (they have newer versions, yours may not be a version this old!). It was 100% reliable. One nice touch that Glock could learn a thing or two about is that XD's not only hold the magazines of their larger siblings in the same caliber (XD Sub, Compact, Full -vs- G26, G19, G17), but they ALSO have very nice OEM grip sleeves. No need to try to find third parties to make parts that should be included! It enables the small guns to emulate larger guns for home use (stronger grip, higher capacity).

Exampe of XD Grip sleeve in XD Sub:

Size comparison of my XD Sub and G26:
upload_2020-10-28_15-7-11.png

Reactions: 835mag

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I didnot buy it. He had a lazer on the triggerguard. But decided he wanted 350 for it. And he lost the box.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I didnot buy it. He had a lazer on the triggerguard. But decided he wanted 350 for it. And he lost the box.
Thanks for following up on the thread. A laser, two magazines AND Trijicons? IMO, $350 is still a "fair" price. Not a steal, but in today's market? :dunno:

It sounds like you didn't really need it anyway. That's cool.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
As noted by TeaDub, still not a bad deal. But a deal is in the eye of the beholder. If it didn't move you to act on it, it probably wasn't something you would have felt good about later. New opportunities always come along! Thanks for the update.

·
In The Saddle
7,114 Posts
Mine are the XDs... Great shooters.

CM
:horse:

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

Reactions: 835mag
21 - 29 of 29 Posts