GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Director of civil unrest
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get one? If you did, how do you like it?
I'm wanting to replace my G19 with one but I have some questions that are not being answered in the media, that I can find, yet.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Which exact model are you checking out?

My wife has a 3.8 compact 9mm and I carry on and off the 3.8 compact 45.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Director of civil unrest
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which exact model are you checking out?

My wife has a 3.8 compact 9mm and I carry on and off the 3.8 compact 45.

Sorry for not being clear which exact model.
This one.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Sorry for not being clear which exact model.
This one.
I have the 5.25in 9mm & the triggers in the Elite series is fabulous.
Not sure what info you're looking for, the grip feels the same along with sites as the original XDM.
The factory mag well, trigger (Glock style), ambi mag release & 20rd mag is different from original XDM to Elite series.
Has a new recoil spring also but you would never tell the difference, follow up shots are like a hot knife through butter.
You won't be disappointed if you decide to pick one up.

·
Director of civil unrest
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 5.25in 9mm & the triggers in the Elite series is fabulous.
Not sure what info you're looking for, the grip feels the same along with sites as the original XDM.
The factory mag well, trigger (Glock style), ambi mag release & 20rd mag is different from original XDM to Elite series.
Has a new recoil spring also but you would never tell the difference, follow up shots are like a hot knife through butter.
You won't be disappointed if you decide to pick one up.
The only thing that's bugging me is the flared magwell. I don't need nor do I want a flared magwell on my carry guns. What I want to know is if the compact can have the magwell removed and still use the 14 round mag. w/o looking like one of the crack induced grip reductions I've see on GT over the years.

PS: I have 3 XD firearms and love them! Not sure how they could be much better but I'll take your word for it. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The only thing that's bugging me is the flared magwell. I don't need nor do I want a flared magwell on my carry guns. What I want to know is if the compact can have the magwell removed and still use the 14 round mag.
PS: I have 3 XD firearms and love them! Not sure how they could be much better but I'll take your word for it. :cheers:
You will notice the results in the trigger.

Screenshot_20201128-075456_Drive.jpg

·
Director of civil unrest
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will notice the results in the trigger.

View attachment 875844
I know the magwell can be removed, what I want to know is if the intersection where the mag. and bottom of the grip meet is clean using the stock 14 round mag.. No mag. above the baseplate showing and a nice smooth transition between the grip and baseplate. All of this w/o having to buy special mags. or collars. Pix would be helpful if you have any.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Can't help there I leave mine alone because grip is plenty big mine are 22rd mags & magwell doesn't bother me at all.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just watched this video.

View: https://youtu.be/IHGgT2ajUp8

Once you remove the magwell and insert the 14 rd mags you can see how they stick out just a bit. This is because of 14 rd floorplates though and not really a gap. Looks like they ship it with the old 13 rd floorplates as you you can just change it if you don't like the look. This would mean they're using the same mag tubes which makes sense.

Seeing how the magwell attaches has me wondering if the backstraps are different now than the old ones.

My wife has the original 3.8 compact 9mm not the Elite. I would like to add the magwell and those 14 rd floorplates. That's just me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the original 3.8 compact 9mm , not the Elite and I use it as my carry gun , along with my G-30SF as a second favorite .
Only thing I did was to add an extra mag and replace the factory mag floorplates with Pearce floorplates .
Beautiful gun , elegant slide and grip design , accurate , great trigger , mags are SS high quality . The gun doesn`t have a blockish slide , but kind of like a 1911 flat type , so it is very concealable . I like it very much because it is compact and has a decent capacity of 13 rds . I also like the way it looks , too .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts