Spring replacement for Glocks

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cnutinsky, Nov 19, 2005.

1. cnutinsky

cnutinsky

I would like to do whatever I can to salvage my G 36. In spite of 2 returns to Glock with pictures documenting FTF, I continue to encounter the problem. The "fix" is to "tap" and hit the back of the slide to have it go into battery. There appears to be "play" with the magazines not fully lined up with the feed ramp.
    If I cannot correct this, I will not be able to rely on my G36 for carry and will either retire it or trade it neither of which would I prefer to do. Glock seems to hav edone all it can.
    I would like to attempt to change springs to improve the magazine performance.
    My question is how do I go about judging the proper spring tensions?
    I am aware that I can research the factory spring tension.
    I am also aware that Wolff makes a number of different springs for magazines ( and also recoil).
    Is there a rule of thumb regarding more or less tension springs depending on the problem?

Thank for the information and education.

Charles

2. Diz

Diz

My G-19 does something similar when dry firing and holding the trigger back for re-set. It sometimes stops just short of full lock up, when racked by hand. This is without a magazine in the well. I did a little polishing on the disconnector and this seemed to clear up the problem. So if you have nothing better to do, try carefully stoning the trigger parts, just enough to remove any burrs or rough spots.

3. smittyj

smittyj

I am posting away to check your recoil