Spring 2020 GT Range Day

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by bac1023, Mar 7, 2020.

1. bac1023

bac1023

Well we would love to have you there. Hope it works out.

jmohme likes this.
  2. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

The Beretta 9000 certainly can be there, and as a surprise guest I may bring along my yet-to-be- fired Remington R51!

I do NOT wish to upstage Brian and his Colt, BUT .... how many unfired R51s is one likely to see?

(I am ignoring that probably MOST purchased R51s are unfired, intentionally or not...)

My C&S rehabbed Colt Trooper and a new-to-me S&W10-6 need to be reviewed by the group. And a Ruger SR9 has found its way to me.

Plus, I wonder what other transgressions I can commit against the range rules?

Don

grecco likes this.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Very cool Don

A Beretta 9000 and Remington R51, what could possibly be better? :supergrin:

Looking forward to it

4. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Hi all,

This hasn’t been mentioned yet, so I will start.

I would prefer if range day were pushed back, maybe until June, due to Coronavirus.

I think travel will become increasingly difficult. Ohio, for example, is banning dine-in eating. Also, groups of more than ten are similarly banned.

Brian, this is your effort, and we all know how much effort you put into this. But the status of the coronavirus will affect my decision to travel.

Don

5. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah we will play it by ear, Don.

I personally feel this entire thing is way overblown, but I’ll do right by the folks attending. If people feel June is better, I can do that.

If people want to wait and make it a fall range day instead, I’m not ruling that out either.

Personally I just want to do it as planned like we do every spring. However, I’ll do what’s best for the people and the range itself. :)

6. gedrich

gedrich

I certainly agree about that. Hopefully we'll transition from full blown panic to just being reasonably careful in short order. Wicen's did push their opening date back from mid March to April 1st, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have to move it even later should the state government of PA keep pushing public gathering restrictions for the near future. Keeping fingers crossed that won't be the case. I've got way too much ammo and am itching to get out and shoot.

7. bac1023

bac1023

Yep

I saw they were staying closed through March

8. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

It will be an interesting couple of months.

I see why the brakes are being slammed — in my area, too many people are doing too many really dumb things.

That rarest of commodities, common sense, would help us all.

9. bac1023

bac1023

I agree Don

Lots of idiots here too.

10. Yuns

Yuns

I'm in for the range day Brian whenever it occurs.

Rinspeed likes this.
  11. bac1023

bac1023

Awesome Tom

Hoping to get all the “regulars” there and then some, you, me, Bucky, Gino, John, Ed, Pete, ... I’m hoping Jeff’s group and Don make the trip. I also have several non GT members planning to attend.

Like to see Doug come back down also and all other GT members who have attended in the past or keep saying they will attend one. ;)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  12. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Brian,
    Since I am sure you have one stashed with your other toys, you could make a run with your personal Bombardier and pick us all up in one flight. I will supply the in-flight DVDs.

13. bac1023

bac1023

:rofl:

I haven’t flown the Leer Jet in a while, Don, but I’ll see what I can do. ;)

grecco likes this.
  14. bac1023

bac1023

This may turn into a fall range day with the way things are going, unless people want to shoot in the summer heat.

15. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

I like the fall idea! The plague may have moderated by then, and frankly, hearing the medieval chant of “bring out your dead....bring out your dead....bring out your dead” at a gun range could be off-putting for some.

16. gedrich

gedrich

I noticed that Wicen's has now become a private members only shooting club. You have to be a member to shoot there, and it is no longer open to the general public to just walk in and pay to shoot for the day. So you have to buy a membership for the year to belong. I intend to do that for this year, because I live so close and shoot there all the time, but I don't know how that would effect range day unless a special event like that can be arrange privately with the ownership of the range.

17. bac1023

bac1023

Yeah I saw that on their site, but I thought they were holding off for this year at least. Would be a shame for sure and certainly would change the shoot.

18. gedrich

gedrich

Nope. When they finally open up again it will be as a private members only range. That was stated quite clearly on a number of their Facebook posts.

19. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Yeeps...$200 to shoot twice a year is a bit steep for me... and the facilities really don’t support that tariff either.

Still, that price will keep the riff-raff away which was probably the point.

20. pag23

pag23 NRA Life Member

Wicens didn't impress me, but at least one could go pay a few bucks and shoot, especially if someone was bringing a buddy or someone new to shooting....

My club is private as well and only allowed a guest or two.

Brian, I would recommend doing a fall shoot somewhere else, but where is the question unless there is an indoor range that could be rented...