close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spread the Wealth for Amateur's Too?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by RenegadeGlocker, May 13, 2002.

1. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

The Norco results tend to indicate that the "Spread the Wealth" program that was only targeted towards Master's has been spread to Amateur's as well.

The same Amateur won LE and Competition, but only won one gun. S/he had money refunded in the Competition category.

Seems all comments about Master's only being allowed to win one gun per match and Amateur's winning four is not true. An Amateur can only win one gun per match too.

Please correct me if my interpretation of the results is not valid.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Have you read the "Hot Topics" on GSSF online. I think this may shed some light on the subject individual.

3. jberletich

jberletich

I have not been able to download the Norco results. Can you please tell me who won the LE and Competition classes there. Thanks much!

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

K.R. Vowinkle won L.E. with a 77.42. Same person also won competition with a 65.74 but was refunded the match fee, with the pistol going to 2nd place finisher B. J. Wallinsky.

5. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

No, it was not posted until later today. I guess it is official now, an Amateur cannot win four guns, either in multiple matches or all at one match. Once you win three, you are a Master and all Amateur fees are refunded if you would have won more than three.

6. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

The saga continues.

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

If an amateur has never won an A-1 pistol, then he or she can still win up to three A-1 pistols at a match. If you have a previous A-1 finish, then the limit is two at a match. If you have already won two A-1 pistols, then you are limited to one more A-1 pistol win before graduation to Masters/Unlimited. No more 4+ pistol wins before graduation. That sounds fair to me, and a proper way to share the wealth.

8. mcginnes

mcginnes Safety Officer Millennium Member

I just want to post my vote that this flavor of "share the wealth" is fair, and needed, in Amateur class. I'm glad to see it.

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

It's not sharing the wealth. It's either rewarding sub par performance or closing the barn door after the horse is out, according to how you look at it. Better look out mcginnes, there may be a rule you can't win AmCiv with lower than a 70 second time next week. ;f