Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from work today on the highway, saw a guy carrying a Springfield on his motorcycle. His shirt had ridden up and the gun was clear as day. I pulled up beside him and motioned to him that I could see it and he nodded. Looked like he fixed it after I passed.

Just posting this as a reminder to those who ride bikes to be aware of your shirt. I would hate to have someone call the popo on you. I think he thought he was safe because of the padded jacket he was wearing.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. I kinda sit on my shirt tail against the back of the seat to keep it down. Probably causes a jello mold print but it's covered.

What the heal kinda gawdysickle is that with the revolver? EESH! That's worse than a Ness Mess.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reminder. I kinda sit on my shirt tail against the back of the seat to keep it down. Probably causes a jello mold print but it's covered.

What the heal kinda gawdysickle is that with the revolver? EESH! That's worse than a Ness Mess.
Since your in the Tampa Bay area, I'm sure you know of the Selmon Crosstown? Well, he was riding right through downtown Tampa at rush hour so a lot of people would have been able to see it.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Living in an "open carry" state makes an accidental flashing a moot issue.
Even so, when I ride and carry, I try to wear a"banded bottom" pull-over style shirt or keep my vest or jacket secured.

A few year ago I spotted a guy riding his crotch-rocket on I-94 east-bound with his t-shirt blown up on his back with a gun in an IWB.
It didn't bother me but I'd think the cops probably got a few phone calls about it.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Not a fan of being sloppy. If, for some reason, I'm going to or from something work related on a motorcycle, and the weather is warm, my weapon is in plain view. Otherwise, you won't see a hint of a weapon, even though I'm doubly legal to carry that way if I wanted to.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm thinking of switching to a shoulder holster for when I ride. It should fit just right under my jacket.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Driving home from work today on the highway, saw a guy carrying a Springfield on his motorcycle. His shirt had ridden up and the gun was clear as day. I pulled up beside him and motioned to him that I could see it and he nodded. Looked like he fixed it after I passed.

Just posting this as a reminder to those who ride bikes to be aware of your shirt. I would hate to have someone call the popo on you. I think he thought he was safe because of the padded jacket he was wearing.
Thanks for the info. i live in Florida, and I don't want any hassles Period.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.