SPO10 apollo?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Allegra, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Allegra

Allegra

http://news.inq7.net/metro/index.php?index=2&story_id=38923&col=31

On Target : Cameraman dies in hospital due to neglect

First posted 03:04am (Mla time) June 02, 2005
    By Ramon Tulfo
    Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on page A17 of the June 02, 2005 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

IT WON'T be long now before you see prominent members of the community doing policemen's work on a voluntary basis.

National Police Chief Arturo Lomibao and Cagayan Representative Jack Enrile agreed in principle yesterday to deputize civilians as police agents.

The agreement was reached during a breakfast meeting at Enrile's residence at Urdaneta Village, Makati. Present at the meeting, aside from Lomibao and Enrile, were some of the PNP's think tank.

There will be further talks between the young Enrile, founding chair and former president of the Philippine Practical Shooting Association (PPSA), and Lomibao on the mechanics of taking in civilian volunteers into the police force.

Selection would be on a strictly invitation-only basis. People who are responsible gun holders who take part in PPSA-sponsored regular shooting competitions would be asked if they are interested in joining the PNP as deputy policemen.

They will not receive pay.

Enrile urged
    the PNP to invite shooters who regularly act as range officers or referees during shooting competitions.

"These people are not only skilled in handling guns, they're mostly also responsible individuals," he said.

There are about 300 PPSA range officers throughout the country.

The plan to take in volunteers as deputy policemen would face smooth sailing if taken to the National Police Commission for approval. One of the Napolcom commissioners, Miguel Coronel is a retired police general who employed rich sugar planters in crime fighting and anti-insurgency when he was provincial commander in Negros Occidental.

Employing civilian volunteers in crime fighting may be new, but the government has successfully employed civilians in fire fighting.

In fact, Chinese volunteer firemen are almost always the first to arrive at the fire scene.

Why? Because they're fighting to save their property from being burned.

In the same way, civilian police volunteers would be first at scene of the crime because they would be fighting to save their communities from criminals. They would be well-equipped and ready for the job.

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

si RO Apollo magiging deputy? Ayos yan! I can hear him chastising a law-breaker, "naknangweteng, an-tanda-tanda mo na, bopol ka pa rin!" with his chin sticking out! hahahaha! ;f

3. Allegra

Allegra

hahaha kuhang kuha si Nakamura ah
    But hi fave word is " Boklog" as in:
    Tanda tanda mo na , boklog ka pa rin!!

Busy si apollo ngayon with his new career as a firearms trainer naks!

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

i wonder what would happen if a ppsa deputy shoots a perp in an encounter;Q

by due process, even our PNP personnel can get charged with homicide (regardless if was a genuine encounter), and i think they shoulder lawyer fees which can be quite steep. for working people like us, this can be a hassle. that is if we volunteer

5. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

No offense to the group but in my understanding practical shooting does not involve engaging targets coming from behind you. Additional training must be required to solve this situation?

6. vega

vega

Is that the thin, tall guy who always bashes Glock because they don't have external safety?

vega

7. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

[​IMG]

EC, Allegra, batangueno

[​IMG]

RO Apollo and RO Noli

8. Allegra

Allegra

Believe me, a good prac shooter can shoot in front, behind, above, below, upside down, while standing on one leg , using weak hand etc

And a mediocre prac shooter will out shoot 90% of all local cops

9. bulm540

bulm540

10. jasonub

jasonub

Me i dont want to even if free ptc. If i shoot someone. (sure 2 alpha;f )

The consequences can be brutal. Filing of charges in court, maybe some nightmares if the perp had a toy pistol, etc etc.

Also, i hope none of the community will shoot a kid and become a baby killer,

I can read it now,

Top shooter shoots and kills a 12 year old kid holding a toy gun. Pacheco will have a field day and the government may not support us and....bye bye ppsa and competitions, hello permanent gun ban:(

So if i were Jack Enrile, i would say no

11. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

PPSA can help our LE members by assisting them do their jobs better, like in FA training and handling siguro. Enforcement of the law, sa kanila na lang.

12. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Coult not agree with you more sir...assist nalang in taining, mahybe funding etc...even tell them not to use SPEED HOLSTER for duty;f

13. atmarcella

atmarcella

i agree;f

14. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

;a Just saw another one last week crossing the street when I was in Makati(Pasigasiga pang maglakad, mukhang tanga naman ;f). Those rigs really look stupid(not to mention unsafe) when used outside a practical shooting range;f

15. vega

vega

Baka naman hindi lang mukha, baka ganon talaga...

RO APOLLO - Not the one I'm thinking of.

vega

16. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Kunsabagay, katangahan na nga pala yung ginagawa niya. :) He'll probably learn his lesson when his sidearm is grabbed from him and god forbid, used against him.

17. 9MX

9MX Rei!

or it falls does an AD (i hope not)

18. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

So how does it go with our cops' choice of equipment? Basta't may holster na kahit ano, okay na? Wala nang department approval?

19. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

As long as it looks cool to them ;f. Seriously, I'm sure there are guidelines. Whether it is complied with is of course a different story. Because of the PNP's low budget(or more accurately siphoning off of the budget by corrupt generals) some cops(specially the new ones) have to spring for their own equipment and therein probably lies the cause of the disparity in "gear". Some of my PNP friends say that even if they do have issue sidearms they wouldn't trust their life with said guns and end up buying a better one out of their own pockets.

Re: Apollo
    He's the R.O. usually seen in a cowboy hat and with the distinctively nasal way of saying in a mellow almost poetic tone "Shoooter, aaaaare you reeeady....., Staaaandbyyyyy" :)

20. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

docT: kuhang-kuha mo rin si apollo! hahaha!!! pag nakita niya itong gma posts natin, "Mga boklog kayo! Antatanda niyo na, ma ddq pa kayo!Walang ka-kwenta-kwentang DQ yaan!" hahahaha!!!!