Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do every set of pants I own have a belt loop exactly where I want to put my holster? Aughhhh!
I either have to place it forward or rearward of the loop. I carry in about the 4 o'clock position. I'm an old muffin top, and the most comfortable place to carry is always interrupted by a loop!
Damn.

Anyone else have this massive oh whattami gonna do the world is ending type of problem?

I also just went out to Wegmans and since the only thing they had were long lines to get into the store, I thought I'd complain about this, my latest gripe. (and I'm incredibly bored too. If my wife puts on one more cooking show, dress show, hallmark show, wedding show, fixer upper show, I'm going to turn my TV into a target!, and let me tell you, this auto corrector doesn't have to long to live either! )
Stay safe people....
Whew!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's OK to skip that loop. If you have a quality belt, you should be fine.
I know. I have a great gun belt, it's just that the absolute perfect position for me happens to be exactly on a loop. I think the carry Gods are just having some fun with me.

·
Native Mainiac
23,907 Posts
I thought it was only me that suffered from the belt loop misplacement. But I can thread the belt though the rear loop of holster, through the belt loop of the pants and then the forward loop of the holster. It's a PITA, and you need the right holster, but sure holds the gun securely.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it was only me that suffered from the belt loop misplacement. But I can thread the belt though the rear loop of holster, through the belt loop of the pants and then the forward loop of the holster. It's a PITA, and you need the right holster, but sure holds the gun securely.
I do that some times. Depends if I'm wearing one with a single clip, or dual clips. I just went to the store, slipped on a gun in a single clip holster, and you guessed it - smack dab on the loop!

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,515 Posts
My real CG uniform trousers have 7 loops, instead of the normal 5. The contractor is Propper, but all Propper civilian trousers I've seen only have 5 total loops.

But have you tried running your belt through a holster 'loop', then under the belt loop, continuing on through the other holster loop. Whether or not that that is doable depends on your holster and stiffness/thickness of your belt - but I've done it with repeated success.

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
It's OK to skip that loop. If you have a quality belt, you should be fine.
I have not once hesitated to cut off a belt loop that was in my way. This obvious solution of skipping the loop never crossed my mind. :dunno:

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
This is what i do

·
Banned
547 Posts
What loops? I don’t have any loops on my sweatpants.

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
Carefully use a "seam ripper" to remove the loop, then get same color thread and resew it where you want it...simple :rolleyes: :couch:
(Or get the Mrs.to do it properly, Hannie ?)

·
Registered
36,287 Posts
Why I favor clips over loops, belt loops are less of an issue,

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
This is how I use the Glock factory holster and mag holders.

·
Registered
292 Posts
ComTac Infidel IWB has a split clip so you can straddle the belt loop.

Every day holster for the last 3 years carrying Glock 19 G3.

All day every day.

Good Luck

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
Change to a different holster with the loops or clips further apart or closer together so they aren't where the belt loop is. Or move you belt loop on your pants. Or skip a belt loop. Or move your holster 1/4" forward or backward to miss the belt loop.

Many solutions to a non existent problem.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If your waist was smaller, you wouldn't have this problem:eek:uttahere:

Just kidding....I have the same problem sometimes myself....I skip that loop usually

1 - 20 of 23 Posts