close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Speer Gold Dot $8.00 / 50

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by councilman24, Jun 16, 2003.

1. councilman24

councilman24

Speer packaged up some gold dots in 250 round lose bulk boxes. Labeled as not for resale, not for law enforcement use, for practice only. Still the same stuff. It goes for 39.99 at Gander Mountain and another local gun store here in the Kalamazoo area. Shoots just fine. The owner of the local gun store said it was overrun. I wonder if it's seconds some how but I doubt they would sell it. I've shoot about 350 rounds total through a 26, 19 and 17. I had a couple of my non glock mags didn't like it but all the glock mags did. Went bang, as accurate as I could aim it. Makes it about $8.00 a box of 50. Look for it, especially if you want to practice with the expensive stuff you carry.

Ammoman http://www.ammoman.com/ also has it. $89 for 500 rnds. Actually he has 115, 124, 124 +P and 147, all similar deals.

2. STANMAN

STANMAN I HATE RICERS!!

Yeah, Gander has the .40 for 49.99 per 250, and the 9mm for 39.99 for 250. These are not 2nds, just an overrun with no packaging to pay for. I work at Gander, and with the 20% discount, this ammo is the best deal going. Can shoot it for the same price as Winchester white box, lol.

3. dwestfall

dwestfall Millennium Member

4. NoShoot

NoShoot Enlightened One

From what I heard NYPD had ordered a bunch of Gold Dot ammunition with specific specifications (to include the type of primers required). Unfortunately the first entire run was done with the incorrect primer so Speer was forced to sell at a discount to the public to move it.....

I bought 500rds of the +P+ 115gr from Ammoman myself. ;f

5. lwt210

lwt210

I got a box of this stuff at the local shop/range and fired 150 rnds of it today on my lunch break. It's good stuff; real accurate out of my 19 with low flash and no hangups of any kind. I bought another box on the way out. Two thumbs up. If I had the cash, I would have bought all that they had.