Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I just took my Speed Six apart to polish the sides of the trigger and take all the scratches out of it.

I took the trigger completely out.

Now the trigger return spring.

How in the heck do you get that little beggar back in?

I have the correct orientation but that spring is STRONG!

Is there some trick way to reinstall it?

Thanks,

Deaf

·
hates you
32,672 Posts
If it's anything like the SP101, all you can really do is just push harder.

·
Registered
685 Posts
the trick to taking it apart is to cock the hammer and insert a pin (handcuff key works great) into the little hole in the shaft. If you have a small vice you hold it in the vice and take a pair of pliers and manually push the spring down far enough to insert the pin. Good luck.

·
Registered
226 Posts
the trick to taking it apart is to cock the hammer and insert a pin (handcuff key works great) into the little hole in the shaft. If you have a small vice you hold it in the vice and take a pair of pliers and manually push the spring down far enough to insert the pin. Good luck.
hes referring to the trigger return spring. the above procedure is for the hammer spring.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I'll put the trigger in a padded vice and then with needle nose pliers try to convence the spring to bend a bit and get alignment for the roll pin to slip in!

At least that's the plan tonight.

Thanks guys.

Deaf

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FIXED IT!!!

Guys if any of you want to take the trigger return spring out and clean up the insides, go ahead!

I have an easy way to put it back in.

Here is what you do:

Go to a hobby shop that sells radio control airplanes and all the gear to make them yourself.

Then go to the section that has fuel tank lines. They are small brass and copper tubes used to move the fuel from the tank to the engine.

Ok, there are some that instead of having rounded pipes have square ones. The smaller ones have the same inside diameter as the outside diameter of the trigger spring. $3 is what I paid for 2 one ft. long sections.

Now cut one of the 1 ft. long sections in half. Then put the trigger in a vice and get a drift punch small enough to go through the trigger hole used to keep the spring in.

Get one 6 inch piece of fuel pipe and attach it to one end of the spring. Attach the other 6 inch piece to the other. Bend the spring past 180 degrees and sit it correctly in the slot of the trigger. Then, while holding it in there, have you wife (SHE IS HAPPY TO DO THIS, RIGHT?) and slip the drift punch in. Then wiggler the fuel line pieces out of the spring ends. Then slowly tap the trigger retention pin back in while it pushes the drift punch out.

Worked the first time!

Deaf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts