GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,332 Posts
Chapter and verse. All I can add is that many of the other donated items were also stolen.
I'm glad I got that straight. So, are there any leads as to who stole all the donated items? And why were the donated items in a place where they could have been stolen. Seems to me that the bar that the stuff was stolen from has more liability here than the people that originally donated the items.

·
Come on man!!
14,356 Posts
In 2020, with cameras everywhere, how does one walk out of a bar, with a saddle, and not get noticed? It was probably an inside job.

If you're contemplating donating another one, I would buy it and hold on to it until the night of the auction, then present it to the winner yourself.

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Who steals a saddle? Is their a big market for stolen saddles? I saddle fence? I hate a Thief. I hope the saddle rubs their [email protected] raw!

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
You heard it here first. Total inside job. Go have a few drinks there, chat with the owner and all the employees. Don't ask about the theft. Let them feel at ease. Watch their body language. You won't get proof, but I'll bet you will be able to find out who did it.

·
Firm member
29,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
You heard it here first. Total inside job. Go have a few drinks there, chat with the owner and all the employees. Don't ask about the theft. Let them feel at ease. Watch their body language. You won't get proof, but I'll bet you will be able to find out who did it.
Not my cross to bear. We did our part...just feel bad for the guy who may not get an event now. We've become less steamed about being asked to re-donate over the last twenty-four hours, as the organizer is the guy's sister and she's under an incredible amount of stress. Going to let this one go. HH

·
Firm member
29,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Donating a saddle was incredibly kind and generous.
He is a good man, husband and father and very involved in the local outfitter and guide scene. A-holes also stole (among other things,) a beautiful Sako / Huskemaw .270. There are now leads since my first post...will keep apprised. HH

·
Firm member
29,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Update: Well, I guess one of the side-effects of being a meth-head is the inability to keep one's yap shut. Barmaid's boyfriend took her keys and opened the place back up while she slept and loaded everything into yet another meth-head's truck who traded everything for a good sized baggie. Somebody sang, arrests made, evidence is locked up, auction is cancelled and guy who this was a benefit for took a major turn for the worse this past weekend. Good news: community outpouring raised more than the auction might have. HH

41 - 52 of 52 Posts