GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Firm member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wife and I purchased and donated a saddle for a charity auction that's happening in a few weeks. All the donated items were on display at a local drinkery and guess what? Got a call from the one running this thing asking if we'd donate another saddle because, "...it's already on the posters." HH

Edited to add: The saddle was stolen from the bar.

·
Registered
9,879 Posts
I think they owe you an explanation other than it is on the flyer.

How important is this charity to you?

·
Registered
32,817 Posts
Wife and I purchased and donated a saddle for a charity auction that's happening in a few weeks. All the donated items were on display at a local drinkery and guess what? Got a call from the one running this thing asking if we'd donate another saddle because, "...it's already on the posters." HH
I don't understand.

You donated a saddle, they have it on the poster. What is the problem?

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
What idiots!

·
Director of civil unrest
9,182 Posts
Send them a bill for the first one and see what happens.

·
Bathed in lavender and gasoline
4,019 Posts
@HollowHead don't leave us out to dry, we need answers!

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
It’s already on the posters? Like they promised to give away 2 saddles even though they only have 1? Are they bad at math that only requires counting on one finger, or is this a common tactic to guilt people into giving more? Kinda sounds like the latter, to me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts