close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Special Thanks/Richmond, VA GSSF

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Apr 26, 2004.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

My girlfriend Vickie Q. and I are back from Richmond. What a wonderful two days of GSSF Competition. It was the best time I've ever had at a GSSF event since my first event in May 1999. There are some very special thank you's in order:

Dave Sevigny--thanks for the advice on ear protection.

Dana Sevigny--thanks for letting me try out your Pro Ears and for providing assistance with my paperwork.

Scott Gilbertson--thanks for the entertaining and educational dinner conversation Saturday night, and for keeping the match running smoothly.

Jackie Lambert--thank you for keeping the PDA's running during GSSF's first 100% electronic/no paper backup event. You looked great on the ATV.

Doug Grier, Armorers--thanks for being there if anyone needed your assistance.

"T"--thank you and your fellow members of Cavalier for being such gracious and helpful hosts.

Team Sidearmor--thank you teammates Darryl Lapp, Michael McGinnes, James Johnson, Ron Young, James Young, Dan Henson, Peter Straub, Michelle Frye, Steve Murza, Eugene Zaiss, Jason Frye, Glenn Meyers, Frank Koo & Jerry Worsham for your fellowship and outstanding performance on the shooting line. It was great to have fifteen members present.

Every R.O.--thank you for giving up your weekend so that we could have fun shooting.

Every competitor--thank you for being patient with the new PDA's.

Vickie Q.--thank you for bringing joy and happiness back into my life.

James Young--thank you for "toasting" your dad on the Plates. Your smile afterwards was priceless.

We arrived in Richmond on Friday night, just in time for a short nap before joining a Pizza Party in room 402, where young Austin entertained us with his karate talents, and where N.D. made a special guest appearance, posing for a photo with me and Vickie.

Saturday brought the most perfect match weather ever, fantastic fellowship and concluded with fourteen of us attending The Crab House for a very nice dinner (and obligatory knife checks). I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area, and look forward to having dinner there again on Tuesday night.

Sunday was cloudy and overcast, but the rain did not fall until 7:30pm. We stayed until about 2:30 and enjoyed every minute.

Next match for me is Waldorf. Next for Vickie will be Statesville.

P.S. The express lane for pre-registered contestants worked really great.

Life is great;+ ;+ ;+

2. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

As usual, DannyR has said it better than I ever could and I agree with all of it. I am always amazed at how well the GSSF staff seems to endure the travails of the trail, so to speak. Remember they are giving up their weekends to run a match for us yet they manage keep a cheery face in spite of the problems they encounter. Truely, all of them are a great advertisment for Glock!

Thanks to the GSSF staff and all the members of the Richmond host club that made such a successful weekend for all of us competitors!

3. TWIDPA

TWIDPA

You guys are all welcome. And thank you for your participation. Its good to be a part of events like this. I hope every one of the shooters had a pleasurable experience. You are all welcome back next year and to enjoy any other matches at Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club.
    cavrpc.org
    T. White
    3rd place in the knife check

4. Glockman67

Glockman67 #29 Supporter

DAVE "I BEAT ROBBIE LEATHAM" SEVIGNY was there????

Dammit, I knew I shoulda went.

;l ;l ;l

guess I'll see you in waldorf!

gman67

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

He was the quiet fellow, with the big smile for everyone.

6. GJM89

GJM89

TWIDPA, I vote for you and Jackie having a T-Top next year.:cool: :cool: :cool:

7. TWIDPA

TWIDPA

TWIDPA, I vote for you and Jackie having a T-Top next year.

Maybe a side car would be nice. I almost lost her on one turn!
    T