close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Speaker Help

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Walter45Auto, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

My speakers were working fine a few days ago, Now they don't put out any sound, and now it says no Audio device installed under the adjust speakers and sounds menu on the control panel. I had this problem before too. Anybody know how somebody who don't know about computers might be able to fix this, and what the problem is and why it came back?

;g

;8 ;I

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

short answer: it's likely a driver issue. you'll have to find a driver for your sound card and install it.

now the problem is determining the make/model of your sound card or if it is on-board sound (on the motherboard as opposed to a dedicated sound card).

oh, and the reason is because Windows sometimes just screws up and breaks drivers.

3. pyblood

pyblood

If it’s an XP PC, go to start and select run. Type devmgmt.msc. See if you have any hardware with a question mark or an exclamation point next to it. If so, it’s probably your sound card. Right click on it and select update driver. Go through the prompts and see if you can’t reinstall the drivers that way.