close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

spam

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by zoom, Dec 28, 2006.

1. zoom

zoom

I went to E-Bay over a year ago to purchase MRE's. I was forced to registered with my personal E-mail address, not the address I use for web sites or internet purchases that I receive order confirmations. I read E-Bay's Privacy practices before handing over my address.

The past two months I have been getting spam from a finance company out of Florida. I went to their web site to unsubcribe my e-mail address at least five times and since then I have gotten more spam then ever. On their site I also went to the link to tell me from whom this company obtained my address from and it stated E-Bay. The
    E-mails come from different addresses each time and read as follows........

"I hope all is ok with you how is your day going;

Looking to reduce the number of payments you're making? Tired of paying those ridiculous credit card interest rates? We understand the frustrations of today. It takes money to make money and often times the easiest access to capital are credit cards. Although we plan to repay the debts as quickly as possible, the temptation to continue leveraging your money can be overwhelming, unfortunately we don't see the problems until it's too late. Well you can breath a sigh of relief, we offer a program designed for your needs. Get a jump on the new year here http://azureandwhite.net/index6.html we make it simple.

If you would like no further contact http://azureandwhite.net/index10.html Leadz4sale 11787 Bayou Ln BocaRaton Fl33498.

Good Bye Ashley N"

I have blocked and bounced back over 700 addresses from this company.
    My spam protector catches what it can since the addresses are always different. Today alone, since 6 pm last night 36 mailings have hit my spam protector along with my mail box alone. That is the count without the bounces.

I called my internet carrier. I have contacted my mail server. I have contacted E-Bay over the last month with 22 messages and reports of abuse.
    No one has , will, or state, they can do anything. My only recourse, I can see at this time, is to change my address. I don't want, nor should I have too.

HELP.

2. Toyman

Toyman

3. BilltheCat

BilltheCat Quieter Cat Millennium Member

has anyone ever tried this?

4. zoom

zoom