close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spam - User: PlanForTheWorst

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Sammael, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Sammael

Sammael Ich tu dir Weh.

Hello Gang:

I listed a 17 I have laying around in the Firearms Listings section, and I got this from some guy named 'PlanForTheWorst':

=========================================================

Title: Your 17

Hey man..

I just restarted Glockifieds.com which is a glock-only classifieds w/ forum.. would you mind also listing your g17 on there?

While we don't have a ton of users yet there are a bunch that find the sales through our twitter feed...

Let me know what you think..
    http://www.glockifieds.com

Rob

=========================================================

Ok so... I know GT is free and all (Thank you Eric), but this sort of thing really pisses me off. Unless, of course he is a paid avertiser (which I am assuming he is not, since a paid advertiser would not have to randomly spam people's inboxes to drive hits to their site [which is competing with GlockTalk in a way] - instead they would already have traffic from loyal GT members who already think highly of their site...).

I mean, spamming his forums is one thing, but asking me to check them out on twitter too? Come on - give me a break.

Anyway, I have been a member of GT for quite some time now, and posting a listing the Firearms Listing section has always brought some unwanted communication from tirekickers, lowballers, etc - thats to be expected. But this is something altogether different, and altogether unacceptable.

Can you please advise as to who this guy is, and whether he has cleared this with you guys? If he has, please accept my apologies, but my gut tells me he is just randomly spamming people who have stuff listed at the moment. I wonder how many other members got this same thing?

Best Regards,

G7

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I have reported this to the site owner/Admins. Thanks for the heads-up!