Glock Talk banner

SP2022 vs. FNX9

4842 15
I am still very much in love with my Glock 19 and 26, and still plan on using them as my primary carry guns. However, I have the itch to purchase a hammer fired DA/SA handgun for range shooting or even a bedside gun. I don't want to spend too much, and have come down to the Sig SP2022 and the FN FNX-9. Does anybody have any opinions on either one of these or both? Other suggestions are always welcome.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3,933 Posts
I've read a lot of great reviews about the SIG 2022. Don't have much info on the FNX but I can't imagine that it has any issues. But, in all fairness, I'm a huge SIG fan so I'll cast my vote for SIG.

· Registered
1,997 Posts
My FNX-9 has had lots of FTE probs. FN had me send my mags back and they are going to send new ones. Guess they had problems with them. If you buy a new one hopefully you would get the mags that work. Other then that it's great. Very lightweight and accurate. Hope to get it running. Not trying to talk you out of the FN just letting you know of a potential problem.

My favorite DA/SA platform is CZ 75. Love my CZ's

· Registered
53 Posts
In reply to cjholmes. I have the FNX in 40 and the FNS in 9mm and love them both. I've probably put 500 rounds through each in the last 8 months I've owned them both with no issues. Also. I was at a local gun store last week and they had the sp2022 in FDE with night sights and the box with two 15 round mags but it's lightly used and they want $519 for it. LOL. I told them the same guns new are $499. And I've seen them on sale at Cabelas occasionally for $399 without night sights or $459 with factory night sights. So I think their gun is a rip off. I do have to.say though even though my EDC is a gen 4 Glock 23 that FDE Sig is a beautiful looking and feeling gun..

· Registered
599 Posts
I really like the FNX9. My buddy has one and I always enjoy shooting it. It nice for lefties such as myself because it is ambidextrous. This being said I want to add both of these pistols to my collection. I will prob add the sig before the FN.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

· Registered
517 Posts
In reply to cjholmes. I have the FNX in 40 and the FNS in 9mm and love them both. I've probably put 500 rounds through each in the last 8 months I've owned them both with no issues. Also. I was at a local gun store last week and they had the sp2022 in FDE with night sights and the box with two 15 round mags but it's lightly used and they want $519 for it. LOL. I told them the same guns new are $499. And I've seen them on sale at Cabelas occasionally for $399 without night sights or $459 with factory night sights. So I think their gun is a rip off. I do have to.say though even though my EDC is a gen 4 Glock 23 that FDE Sig is a beautiful looking and feeling gun..
I payed $430 at buds for one with night sights. Brand new

· Registered
205 Posts
Put me on the side of the SP2022. I am no longer a Sig fan but I think the SP2022 is the best bang for your buck going on any gun. I have the 40 but I am going to get a 9mm right after a get a Gen 4 G23.

· Registered
1,021 Posts
the FNX9 - re springs (mags and recoil) were super stiff.
You can only get 10 rounds in the mags with your forcing them. The recoil spring was so tight, anything less than NATO ammo would cause jams. The solutions were to store the mags full, store the pistol with the slide locked back for a month or more. Once that tok place, it runs perfect.

The SP2022 -
load it and shoot it

· BRAVIA 4 LIFE!
1,958 Posts
Also. I was at a local gun store last week and they had the sp2022 in FDE with night sights and the box with two 15 round mags but it's lightly used and they want $519 for it. LOL. I told them the same guns new are $499. And I've seen them on sale at Cabelas occasionally for $399 without night sights or $459 with factory night sights. So I think their gun is a rip off. I do have to.say though even though my EDC is a gen 4 Glock 23 that FDE Sig is a beautiful looking and feeling gun..

I'm curious, what did they say when you pointed out that their price is high?

· BRAVIA 4 LIFE!
1,958 Posts
Put me on the side of the SP2022. I am no longer a Sig fan but I think the SP2022 is the best bang for your buck going on any gun. I have the 40 but I am going to get a 9mm right after a get a Gen 4 G23.
I agree. I'm no longer a Sig guy, but I still find the SP2022 to be a great value. I've had two and I'm on the hunt for another one... But now all off my firearms can be carried cocked and locked, so it has to be a SCREAMING deal!

· Registered
481 Posts
I carry a 2022 every day and love it. I got mine with night sites for $499, and then later got one for my wife also with night sites for $350 on a Black Friday sale. I love the 2022; I think it's a great bang for your buck deal. Solid sig trigger with Trijicon night sites that doesn't break the bank.

All that being said, I have never handled the FNX9, so can't give a comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.