close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SP2 and Games - Anyone Having Problems?

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by tgtshuter, Sep 2, 2004.

1. tgtshuter

tgtshuter Too Beaucoup

Has everyone except me installed SP2?

I've seen a MS release and read where it's messing up some programs, including games like BF 1942, UnReal 2004. Sounds like the prob is with on-line play.

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with their install of SP2.
    Thanks!

2. DesertEagle

DesertEagle OH HELL MY HEAD CLM

I work in the software industry (a business software, but still software), and the buzz I've heard for our tech support guys is that SP2 breaks a bunch of things, including like 50 microsoft related programs, much less third party software. My feeling (and this is purely mine, not what I've heard) is that if you know what the hell you are doing, and set up a good personal firewall on your system, SP1 is just fine. I'm not doing 2 for about a year or so, after it's had more of a chance to unscrew itself.

Right now, based on what I've heard, you couldn't pay me to put sp2 on a stolen computer ;f

But that's just me.

D.E.

3. tgtshuter

tgtshuter Too Beaucoup

DesertEagle - thanks for the reply.
    I too will wait to install it. I already have a good firewall and virus protection. I don't have problems with pop-ups *knocks on wood*...
    It's like "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

4. Etchglow

Etchglow

ya it broke halo pc :-( made me mad cuz i could mod the game any more :-( uninstaled sp2 and it works now :D yay!!! now i can make the super force weapons without much damage and no falling death :D

5. Tvov

Tvov

Did you check out the "update" that was put out for HaloPC? It is supposed to fix problems with sp2, but some people are having trouble with the update causing different problems. If you go to the online multiplayer, the game "should" automatically download the update. If not, check out Bungie or Gearbox websites. Also check out the forums on those sites for more info.

6. Etchglow

Etchglow

Im just going to stick with sp1 for a while. because i know halo will work with it.... Saw the patch the other day but it was made to address issues with sp2 and 256mb vid cards mebbe? (may be wrong probably am)... i got a 128mb mobility vid card... but thanks for the info
    Etchy