close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SP-01 vs glock 17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Paun45, Jan 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Paun45

Paun45

Im thinking about buying a G17. I know CZ makes a quality pistol but I was wondering what you guys had to say. Thanks

2. Z~Aquaman

Z~Aquaman

I just bought a CZ 75 SP-01 and a Glock 34 (last month). I decided it was time to get a high capacity 9mm for plinking and ended up with two guns :) I've owned a Glock 21 for the past 10 years or more and love Glocks! They are so simple, reliable, and durable they are hard to beat.

The SP-01 is my first CZ and I must say I'm very impressed. It's built well, feels great, and most importantly, shoots well (no jams in first 200 rounds). The SP-01 has a 19 round magazine! The magazines have a witness hole that's stamped 18 but I'm able to load 19 rounds in the two magzines that came with the gun. This is a great handgun at a great price!

You'll find the CZ to be much heavier than the glock, it's a double action gun so the trigger's typical for a d/a. I don't like the "de-cocking" safty. My SP-01 does not have this feature so I can cary "cocked and locked" if I want. The CZ has an abidexterous saftey. I feel that Glock's "safe action" trigger saftey is the only saftey that makes sense for a cary weapon. The night sights are very nice on the CZ. The two guns point a bit differently too.

I couldn't make up my mind between Glock and CZ so I bought both. You won't be sorry with either gun.

3. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

I think I posted in the other thread about this.

I have a G17L and an SP-01.

G17
    pros
    -lighter
    -lots of factroy and aftermarket parts to be had at good prices
    -lots of holsters to choose from
    -Glock reliability
    -low recoil because of design
    -no manual safety (I like it, some don't)

-cons
    -not the best trigger in the world, but still usable.
    -no manual safety (put here again because some don't like it)

SP-01
    pros
    -very high capacity and can take regular CZ-75 mags if you want to shorten the grip
    -comes with meprolight nightsights (at least mine and a lot of other people's did).
    -low recoil because of weight
    -able to put different grips on it
    -DA/SA or cocked and locked carry
    -excellent grip shape
    -mine seems to be pretty reliable

cons
    -HEAVY
    -not many holsters availible for it.
    -not many parts and accessories readily availible for it (compared to Glocks).

IMO G17=carry and nightstand gun, SP-01=competition and nightstand gun as it is just way too large and heavy to carry all day.

4. Paun45

Paun45