close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sovereignty/Right to Self determination

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by JBJ16, Feb 9, 2010.

1. JBJ16

JBJ16

Britain, USA, France, Australia, The EU etc. etc. . . Aside from the picture painted by the Western media, what exactly and factually does anybody know about Iran?

Why the uproar about this Uranium enrichment? What about Pakistan, India, etc. etc. regarding nuclear enrichment and weapons production? Was there no uproar because the West had these two nations under their thumb, beck and call?

Are we hearing the prelude to another war of profit by demonizing Iran thru the western controlled media? The media assault on Iran will continue until it is "ripe" to bring the issue before the UN Security Council. By that time, the world's governments and population would have been already condition to the west's point of view.

To the best of my knowledge, in these modern times, unlike the above mentioned western nations, Iran did not export war, nor colonized far flung nations, nor expanded their empire thru war.

What I think should be done also applies to the individual in a microcosm of a situation. Allow them the right to self determination,being a sovereign and free nation, however make them understand that unjust and illegal use of these weapons will be dealt with, with the harshest punishment.

ie. The world must not punish anyone (individual or nation) because he/she chose to posses weapons he deems necessary for self preservation. He/she is innocent unless proven guilty of a crime.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  2. Allegra

Allegra

Iran is developing nuclear arms for self preservation?

3. vega

vega

JBJ16 - Have you been to Iran?

4. JBJ16

JBJ16

Well have you? Please tackle the issue not the person . . . :whistling:

5. JBJ16

JBJ16

From their point-of view they could be, or for whatever reason they deem as necessary for their own "national interest", to paraphrase the favorite US expression, or maybe for prestige as the worlds latest nuclear power, etc. etc., which is within their rights as a sovereign nation . . . . which can also be said about those nations who went the nuclear route before them.

That issue would not be a problem unless the west makes it one. And also make it a good excuse to invade and later divide the Iranian pie. If Iran continues, then the west wouldn't bother to have the latest 9/11 to justify an invasion to "keep the peace".

6. Allegra

Allegra

I'm not sure india or pakistan has threatened to wipe the state of israel from the face of the earth.
    Though , i'm sure baka gawin nila sa isat isa , kung di lang sila busy sa call centers
    Plus , di ba they ( iran ) finance terrorist groups?
    What if they decide to supply these groups w/ a suitcase bomb?

Just curious, did you by any chance graduate from UP?

7. JBJ16

JBJ16

For many years, I admit, that is what was fed to us by the only source of info we have. The western media quoting "intelligence officials" isn't it?

We may never know the truth, but I try to digest what is fed to us by the media on a daily basis and read between the lines . . .

8. JBJ16

JBJ16

Ah he he he . . . hindi po Sir, bakit masyado na bang anti-west o independiyente ang aking pananaw?

9. Allegra

Allegra

Media?
    They put a contract out on Salman rushdie
    donated cash to cash strapped hamas nung nanalo sila sa elections

10. Allegra

Allegra

hehe mejo :)
    Students barricaded the gates kanina , they were protesting against "large classes" hehe baka nagsawa na sa national issues

11. JBJ16

JBJ16

Their national interest, not unlike the US giving cash and arms to their then ally Afghan mujahedin, or the US giving cash and arms to Contras against the Sandinistas.

The difference between the Salman Rushdie "fatwah" or hit-orders and the West's is that, the Iranian's have been broadcast all-over the world and unsuccessful so far, while the west's is covert (ie. use of Predator drones is just one) and usually successful. We, the common people, only get to know what has happened if there is severe collateral damage amongst the "third world unwashed".:crying:

Both by the way are hits, executions, without the benefit of a trial before judge and jury. Therefore, they should not pretend righteousness, and condemn a sovereign country for developing arms as they did.:crying:

12. vega

vega

Nope but my brother went there and he was in an auditorium full of Iranians chanting "Death to Israel!" while they are gathered with their president. So I guess like you mentioned, they only want weapons for their self preservation.

Now do you understand why I asked if you have been there? :whistling:

13. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Well I haven't been to Iran. But due to the nature of my work here in the Philippines, I talk to Iranians doing businesses in Dubai, Kuwait and Lebanon on a daily basis. And from what they tell me, Iran sponsoring Hamas and Hezbolla fighting a proxy war on Israel is true.

Well there's no arguing that Iran has the right to self determination. They even have the right to develop nuclear weapons. After all, we use the exact same reason why we choose to have guns. But the problem with Iran is that they develop weapons with intention of wiping out from the face of the earth a group of people.

Listening from liberal, bleeding heart, politically correct western media, the one who is being demonized is Israel. Not Iran, not the Arabs, not Hamas and not Hezbollah. Israel is the one surrounded from all sides by neighbors who wants to wipe them out.

14. JBJ16

JBJ16

Well my being there or not does not answer the question whether a sovereign nation have a right to develop weapons or not. Or do only colonist 1st world countries have this right? If so by whose authority?

We can also shout " Death to . . . . !" don't we? Freedom of speech/expression. But if we do carry out this execution, it will be a wole new ballgame.

15. Wp.22

Wp.22

is this about the new season of 24 calling jack bauer

Fictional Kamistani (iran) and the US

16. JBJ16

JBJ16

Nye he he he . . . I've watched episode 7, still waiting to download the other following episodes.:cool:

No it's not about 24 and Jack Bauer. I'm just proposing this question, since, the precedence these 1st world nations acting as world policemen is just getting worse.

In the near future the world population will suddenly wake up one day wherein every facet of their lives will be dictated by these elite nations via the UN. Remember IANSA and other UN sponsored like minded organizations.

Also the global warming issue, wherein carbon emissions are being tackled and proposed to be controlled through taxation? Human carbon emissions (ie. the air we exhaust by breathing) could very well be taxed.

Point is, they exercise this power whenever, wherever they want, with the use of economic and military might. They will want what other powerful persons/nations/government want, which is more power. and there is no limits to this.

17. vega

vega

What gives you the idea that I want to answer your post? I just want to know if you have been there, if the answer is yes then I will listen and believe to what you have to say. Since the answer is no, then go ahead and post what you think is:
    Everyone can post your opinion, you just took my post too sarcastically.

18. vega

vega

Come to think of it of it, didn't Hitler said something about the Jews too before he became the Chancellor of Germany?

19. Allegra

Allegra

If they do decide to "execute" and lob a ballistic missle or detonate a suitcase bomb, wala nang ballgame
    Katapusan na ng mundo , w/c is what nuclear bombs do

20. JBJ16

JBJ16

That is also what they said before about Red China in the 70's. Now look what benefits everyone gets from China. Well, even my laptop is now made in China, and no nuclear bombs flew.

Rhetoric is what nations with lack of prestige and actual global influence, turn to to get heard. Which is what Iran has been doing since 31years ago.

When Saddam was the west's ally, he did not have a lot of rhetoric, but he did actually invade Kuwait and Iran before.