close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Debate Southern Baptists Update Bible's Language

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by DonCT, Jun 18, 2017.

1. DonCT

DonCT

2. JBnTX

JBnTX In Texas

This is blasphemy and an insult to God.
    The Southern Baptists have been taken over by Satan and his Catholic church.

Yes, the pagan Catholics are behind these heretical changes to the King James Bible.
    They started it all back in the late 1880's when they started messing with the Bible.

Changing the Bible to make it less offensive to sodomites, women, minorities and other religions will be the end of Christianity.

Most Christian preachers today are scared to death of the King James Bible.
    Most Christians are scared of it too.

They're scared someone might be offended by Christianity, so they want God's words replaced with some sinful man's words.

They want a Bible that's just as corrupted as America's modern society with words they can understand, and they don't want their feelings hurt when they pretend they're reading their Bible on Sunday morning in church.

The new age corrupted Bible versions have already removed most references to the deity of Jesus Christ, his virgin birth, the importance of his blood sacrifice and his resurrection.

The Jesus Christ in the modern Bible versions is nothing more than just another prophet like Mohammed, Buddha or Confucius.

All references to homosexuals, slavery, and restrictions on women have been either removed or watered down so they're less offensive to the pagan heathens that control our society today.

Throw your corrupted Bibles in the trash and get you a King James Bible.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017

3. Dave514

Dave514

Meh, Paul changed the rules to get members. Nothing new.

TimC, MO Fugga and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  4. JBnTX

JBnTX In Texas

Paul didn't change anything. He did as Jesus told him and brought salvation to the Gentiles.
    He certainly did NOT change the Bible to make it more acceptable to sinners.

72Cheyenne and Johnix like this.
  5. Dave514

Dave514

Yes he did. And he claimed that the spirit of God told him to. Like all other prophets. He changed Christianity to sell to the Gentiles what was difficult to sell to the Jews. It required a lot of tweaking so that Gentiles would accept it. Taking away so many of the Laws was paramount.

TimC and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  6. JBnTX

JBnTX In Texas

What????......:headscratch:

Clearly, we're reading different Bibles.

Paul did not change Christianity, he created Christianity.
    Romans through Philemon is directed to Christians.

He didn't "tweak" anything and he did not take away any laws.

This is another of your posts that convince me you've never read the Bible.

7. Deltic

Deltic

Reading newer Bibles I find the language boring. The KJB has a certain poetry at times.

72Cheyenne and JBnTX like this.
  8. JBnTX

JBnTX In Texas

Yes, there's a big difference between these two verses:

1. Man does not live by bread alone.
    2. Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

And these two verses:

1. He who believes shall be saved.
    2. He who believes on the Lord Jesus Christ shall be saved.

See a difference?
    The new Bible versions are trying to take God/Jesus out of the Bible.

Redeemed likes this.
  9. Dave514

Dave514

"Changed" or "Invented"..
    Whatever you want to call it.

[​IMG]

You need to read the Bible. You question whether others have but it's questionable whether you've read it through or just watched some youtube videos.

HarlDane and steveksux like this.
  10. JBnTX

JBnTX In Texas

I think my posts clearly indicate that I have an excellent working knowledge of the Bible.

They stand in direct contrast to some of the erroneous comments you've made about God.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  11. Dave514

Dave514

Then you should be able to understand when I point out that you are not so much a Christian but rather a Paulinian. You said "Paul did not change Christianity, he created Christianity." which is ludicrous on every level. Jesus Christ is the source. Not Paul. Paul simply changed rules so that Gentiles would join. It's clearly laid out in the Bible you claim to have read and I've explained it numerous times.

I've even taken the time to use your Bible to explain to you your misconception regarding faith vs. works. Paul says...

Romans 2:
    5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasures up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

I have made no erroneous comments about your God. I only need your Bible to present the nature of your God.

I mean...he calls for the worshipers of other gods to be killed.

Deuteronomy 13:
    7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

12. JBnTX

JBnTX In Texas

God "changed the rules" not Paul.

You're a master at taking Bible verses out of context. You can't just pluck a verse out of the Bible and use it to prove a point just because the words in that verse support your argument.

Different parts of the Bible are intended for different people, and even different time periods.

Paul brought the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles. That Gospel was different from the Gospel that Jesus preached to the Jews.

They are two different Gospels of Jesus Christ. One for the Jews and one for the Gentiles.

Your criticisms of God are just examples of how God deals with sinners and others who refuse to obey his Word. In a way, you're proving my point when you post those verses.

13. fgutie35

fgutie35

Excuse me? You do even proof read what you write? What does the Catholic church have to do with the Southern baptist (protestant) church? And who is changing what? See, that is exactly what happens when you are very ignorant of the origins or your own faith ( or pretends to be, out of convenience). Have you forgotten that it was the counsels of the Catholic church who put together a compilation of God-inspired writings into what is now known as "The Bible"? Have you forgotten that on its origin The Catholic church on its efforts to NOT distort the content and message of those writings who were written some in greek and some in aramaic, translated them into a language that the figured would not change or evolve with the passing of time (Latin)? Well, guess who was the first to make changes to the bible and removed what was not convenient to his agenda and ideology? Drum roll..... LUTHER! That's right, the founder of YOUR church as well as every other protestant denomination! Ever since, the Catholic Latin bible still the same as it was back then, but your protestant bible has been degenerating over the years with all the changes not only on language, but on translation and changes that have been made purposefully to fit the protestant marrative. So to put it in laymans terms, I'm still reading the Britannic Encyclopedia, while you are reading Wikipedia!

14. JBnTX

JBnTX In Texas

Research the new age Bible versions issue.

Study up on why the King James Bible is being changed and by who.
    It will scare you.

What the Catholic church did in the past to compile the Bible is not the issue.
    Changes made to the Bible in the past is not the issue.

The issue is the "politically correct" changes that are being made to modern Bibles today.
    The Vatican is behind most of those changes.

15. Dave514

Dave514

Relative morality on display. Again.

Yes. Yes I can. Especially when it falls within the parameters you set about what Paul said.

Yes, we all know that God has different rules for different people at different times.

Paul made up a bunch of stuff to get the Gentiles to accept the religion without having to do all the Jewish Law stuff.

That's not what you said. You said Jesus Christ was for the Jews and Paul was the gospel for the Gentiles.

Accepting that your God deals (or has dealt) with people who worship other gods by commanding that they be stoned to death is precisely my point.

16. WT

WT Millennium Member

Good for the Southern Baptists.

If they want to modify their religious practices, so be it.

We are in America.

17. fgutie35

fgutie35

I don't see the logic on the Catholic church meddeling to change the protestant bible? You do know catholics don't use the King James version for the most part, right? By the way, the bible I read still says the same thing ( or closest to) the original Latin translated bible. I read a pre-second vatican version Reyna Valera edition of the bible, since Spanish closely resembles latin and I know how to read Spanish.

JBnTX likes this.
  18. JBnTX

JBnTX In Texas

You're on the right track, you've just not traveled far enough to see the problem.

There's tons of information on this issue.
    (Beyond the scope of this forum)

This is something every Christian who reads a corrupted modern Bible version needs to know.
    I'm sure your Bible version is okay. It's the post 1880's Bible versions that have the problem.

Sadly most Christians are completely ignorant of this issue or have a complete misunderstanding of what it's about.

The King James Bible is the last Bible version to be unaffected by these heretical and anti-Christian changes.

To put it as plainly as possible, the Bible is being changed in an attempt to demote Jesus Christ to the level of Mohammad, and make him just another prophet.

This is being done in order to make Christianity less offensive to other religions, especially Islam.

As the New Testament is written, it is incompatible with Islam. Since the Muslims have no intentions of changing the Koran, then the Vatican must change the New Testament.

The Vatican is behind most of these changes because they're actively working for a One World Religion that will basically be Islam with Christian values. It's called Chrislam.

Pope Francis has openly supported this idea.

19. JBnTX

JBnTX In Texas

...And the Southern Baptist Convention is just as corrupt as the Vatican.
    Maybe even worse.

Every day they turn more hostile to the Christian right and to Fundamentalist Christians.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  20. redrick

redrick

I am not trying to make a joke of this and this is a honest question . Does it matter if the bible is written in a modern style as long as the main message for who Jesus is and what you have to do for salvation is being written and preached ?

I am not a church goer , but I have read the New King James Bible twice . The main points I get from it is , you have to love and forgive each other , confess you are a sinner and ask God for forgiveness and believe that Jesus was the son on God and sent here to die for our sins and give all believers in him internal salvation in Heaven .

fatduk1963 and jonb32248 like this.