Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some idiot made the newspaper here. He was open carrying and attempted to enter Wal-Mart (Portage Rd.), where he was informed of the store's no exposed firearm policy. He was told that he could remove it, conceal it, or leave.

He made a stink, but left.

He came back, wearing another firearm in the front of his pants, and made the statement when challenged "Now what are you going to do??!!!!".

South Bend Police were called, and the man was arrested.

The second firearm was revealed to be a pellet gun.

It would be a good idea if some of the more capable writers here could write some editorials to the South Bend Tribune advising them that we are not all morons. :crying:

Thanks!

·
Pathetic Loser
745 Posts
Well, it certainly would seem that he educated the public about OC.:rofl:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I read that also . What a dumb butt! He is only hurting the cause of having a carry permit . Live only 10 miles from that Walmart and I know there customers are pretty diverse. Used to work the West side of South Bend (retail) and the shoplifting pretty much closed us down .

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080704/NEWS01/807040331

South Bend Tribune said:
SOUTH BEND

Police arrest man with gun at store

A 25-year-old South Bend man learned the hard way Wednesday that although you can buy firearms at Wal-Mart you can't carry them.

South Bend police were dispatched to the Wal-Mart on Portage Avenue about 7:30 p.m. for a man with a handgun stuffed down the front of his pants who refused to leave the store.

Employees told police the man entered the store earlier with a handgun in a holster on his hip. Because store policy prohibits customers from carrying exposed firearms, he was asked to leave.

A short while later, however, the man returned to the store, this time with a different handgun stuffed down the front of his pants.

He reportedly approached the employee who had earlier asked him to leave, and said, "What you going to do about this? I'm going to walk through this store with my pistol."

Asked again to leave the store, the man reportedly insisted it was his "constitutional right" to carry the gun, and asked for the store manager.

The manager reiterated the store's policy on firearms, but the man still refused to leave, at which point the manager called police.

As he was being arrested for felony intimidation, the man reportedly began screaming and fell to the ground, forcing officers to drag him handcuffed from the store.

The gun that was stuffed down the man's pants turned out to be a pellet gun, police said.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I know this idea is always met with resistance however. With alot of people like this guy out there it would not be a bad idea to give out a book with specific Indiana state firearms laws and criminal codes when you get a handgn permit. I am a firearms trainer and you would be surprised how many of these type people exist. There are even more people that don't even know when they can "LEGALLY" use deadly force!Jus because your dad taught you to shoot rabbits dosen't mean your "trained"

·
Registered
835 Posts
I know this idea is always met with resistance however. With a lot of people like this guy out there it would not be a bad idea to give out a good ass kicking for hurting our cause!
Fixed it for ya!

I agree that people need to be better informed ie. "trained" but this doesn't sound like a training issue as much as a lack of intelligence issue to me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Fixed it for ya!

I agree that people need to be better informed ie. "trained" but this doesn't sound like a training issue as much as a lack of intelligence issue to me.
While thank God the majoity of us exercise good judgement. I mentioned the "trained" part as an example. Not the shooting abilities but the knowledge of when you can and can't abilities. What I am saying is there are a few (a lot more people than you would think) that think since they have a permit and carry they have free rains to do what they want. ie get confrontational over non issues. etc. A little bit of "legal enlightenment" goes a long way! That would be better tha depending on that mouthpiece with the fish stories that everyone has at their workplace that is running something in his section of the world for bad advice.

·
Registered
835 Posts
While thank God the majoity of us exercise good judgement. I mentioned the "trained" part as an example. Not the shooting abilities but the knowledge of when you can and can't abilities. What I am saying is there are a few (a lot more people than you would think) that think since they have a permit and carry they have free rains to do what they want. ie get confrontational over non issues. etc. A little bit of "legal enlightenment" goes a long way! That would be better than depending on that mouthpiece with the fish stories that everyone has at their workplace that is running something in his section of the world for bad advice.
I agree with what you are saying (didn't indicate that particularly in my first post). I just know that some people still will not "get it" unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
"As he was being arrested for felony intimidation, the man reportedly began screaming and fell to the ground, forcing officers to drag him handcuffed from the store."

Way to be a man! :rofl:

·
Registered
325 Posts
"Felony intimidation"? Bet that won't stick in court.

The trespassing charge will, though. If the newspaper account is accurate, he's as guilty of trespassing as you can get. Once they ask you to leave, that's it and it has nothing to do with anyone's right to keep and bear arms at that point.

What an idiot.

Your probably right Rhino. The local PD will probably also have his permit suspended. I have even seen a couple guys get their permits taken without being arrested. One detailed report by the LE agency to the state police.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts