close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sounds like Obama is now trying to "bully" the Supreme Court

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Navitimer, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Navitimer

Navitimer

You guys may remember he took the unprecidented step of stating his disagreement with the Court's former opinion on campaign finance during a state of the Union address. Now it sounds like he's trying to bully the Supreme Court's upcoming ruling on Obamacare. He's even implied that they don't have the authority to do so. Unbelievable; it just shocks me every time he does something like that. Thug politics. What do you guys think? Here's an article: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/02/us-obama-healthcare-idUSBRE8310WP20120402

My personal opinion: I'd love to see a 6 to 3 opinion shooting down Obamacare (or at least the mandate provisions). As you guys know, if he gets re-elected, we're going to have some serious gun control proposals coming up. As always, just my $0.02.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

My prediction. 5:4 ruling or 4:5 ruling.

The SCOTUS scares me sometimes, especially that soto woman.

Seems to me that 4 of them can't comprehend the constitution anyways, I won't be surprised if SCOTUS marks this as "constitutional"

3. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

It never pays to sass a judge ......:supergrin:

4. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

For a "Constitutional expert", he sure doesn't seem to understand the Constitution. . .

5. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I bet after the supreme court rules, about half the experts will be correct and about half will be incorrect with their opinion of if it is constitutional or not.

-Dana

6. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

Not the point. .

The point being, he seems unaware of the fact that the "unelected" Supreme Court is an Equal branch of Government. . One that he has NO authority over.

7. coastal4974

coastal4974

But I’m sure that 100% of the experts know that overturning a law that was passed by a majority of Congress is not unprecedented as the Obama claims.

Goes to Obama’s ignorance of this country, our laws and Constitution.

8. GlocknSpiehl

GlocknSpiehl NRA Life Member

Did anyone notice that his former Soliciter General, who helped craft the defense of Obamacare did NOT recuse herself from judging this case?

I'm sure there's no conflict of interest there...

9. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

My general problem, it that it seems a lot of the decisions are 5:4. This seems like the justices are trying to impliment their own political position rather than applying the law.

It would seem to me that the 9 most qualified impartial people in the country should be able to look at the arguments and nearly all the time come to a consensus about if a law follows what the founding documents of the country say.

Just because a "conservative" majority of the court ruling doesn't make it any more morally right than if the "liberal" bunch makes the majority ruling. I good example of how I do not see how 9 justices could not see that taking from a private party for the gain of another private party was not "public interest" (Kelo V New London).

-Dana

10. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Make that "two" branches of govenment.

11. coastal4974

coastal4974

Yeah but where are we going to find "a group of people" like that?

12. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Where did you ever get the idea that they were:

a. the most qualified?
    b. impartial?

If there is one thing we have seen since FDR and the New Deal, getting on the Supreme Court has nothing to do with either of those things.

And, if FDR had thought it necessary to get what he wanted, the "9" wouldn't have been right, either.

13. Singlemalt

Singlemalt In the rough

and where do these 9 people you speak of exist?

14. Navitimer

Navitimer

Good thoughts and comments guys - Obama absolutely knows he has no authority over the Supreme Court. The problem is that a lot of the folks who can't think for themselves (i.e., liberals IMHO) don't know any better, and probably believe him when they here stuff like that. He has no problem twisting the truth - and unfortunately most of the media votes the same way and have no interest in calling him out. As always, just my $0.02.

15. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

In my imaginary world.

See that is the problem. The Justices should be the most qualified and impartial judges from the USA.

Or how about this...we make them be like a jury...they have to come to a unanimous decision or they dont to be unsequestered until they do....oh, and I need to through in first time they have a mistrial, they are all strung up and new 9 is put in to re-hear the case....

-Dana

16. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Glock Talk???? I know we have some of the most qualified constitutional scholars who ever lived amongst us...

-Dana

17. Brucev

Brucev

The squatter trashed the sc via the senate that enabled the placement of his hand-picked political hacks. The sc will now proceed to do whatever they have to do to give the squatter what he wants. There are not enough Conservatives on the sc to stop it. Those who failed to vote for McCain are to blame. Now, come 9/12, everyone will either vote Republican or give the squatter four more years to destroy this nation. It's that simple.

18. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Next up you are going to predict maybe the sun will come up tomorrow morning or maybe it wont.:tongueout:

-Dana

19. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

I'll toss my name in to be one. not because I am the most qualified, but because I have common sense. Or at least I think I do. And I want to get what I want. :supergrin:

20. HexHead

HexHead

He only said that to further the class warfare mentality in this country. To plant the seed that the court is illegitimate because they are unelected. You can almost hear the drum beats now.