GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,596 Posts
The following is the guy's conclusion:

"Bottom line: don’t go to an Antifa protest where you can put yourself in that situation. And if you find yourself in that situation, expect them to employ tactics that take away your situational awareness, and complicate the use of force continuum.”

1. I already knew that. Hopefully, you already know that.
2. You, personally, can own your street or any street if you think and prepare.
3. You want some slogans? "Think" - IBM. "Be prepared"- Boy Scouts. "Be Sure that you are right, then go ahead."-Davey Crockett. "Look before you leap"-anonymous.

Deliberately going to a demonstration which is an Antifa protest already fell on the following list in my mind:
1. don't go to sporting events where you are screened for weapons, but the event promoter sells alcohol and does not provide police security for the fans;
2. don't go to a bar on the bad side of town, walk down a dark alley to a street where you parked your car for free;
3. don't stop to educate a driver on how he should drive;
4. don't go to a bar to find your next wife;
5. don't stand in line for days with the expectation that you are going to be able to buy the latest tennis shoes.
6. don't hire a guy as a survival instructor why blithely goes to watch a demonstration that he knows will become violent.

·
NRA Life Member
5,536 Posts
They don’t own the rural backroads though, and that’s where I plan to stay.

But a lot of good people are stuck in cities for a variety of reasons. If I was one of them, I’d avoid the known trouble spots, mind my own business, but be armed and ready to defend myself.

·
King Doofus.
5,470 Posts
Antifa was given the streets by leftist mayors and governors four years ago. Soon, their citys will be nothing but gangs of idiots fighting over blocks of empty buildings.

·
Registered
27,140 Posts
They’re both in the hiring process for the Portland Police Department.
Well, then, perhaps something good might've come from that debacle. They can reconsider whether the city of Portland is a good fit for them and their families. ;)

Going into an area where there have been more than 3 months of virtually non-stop "protesting" (rioting) is what might charitably be considered to be an error in judgment.

Oh yeah ... The "idea" of antifa "owning" the streets? They "own" the streets and sections of cities that the leaders of that city allow them to occupy and own. The leaders do so at the indulgence of the voters ... at least until such time as the voters can vote them out of their elected positions.

Reactions: bdcochran

·
Banned
31 Posts
when you start shooting, YOU own that street. Nothing says you have to stay in an obviously dangerous area. Develop amnesia about that part of your life.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
So, I have been watching and listening for Antifa in the streets since this post. Here is what owns the Streets:

- The Garbage Truck
- The recycling Truck
- On Thursdays Yard Workers and their Trailers
- A big RV with Snowbirds
- Occasional Gators fans on Saturday

Just gonna suggest you find a better source of information...

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
So, I have been watching and listening for Antifa in the streets since this post. Here is what owns the Streets:

- The Garbage Truck
- The recycling Truck
- On Thursdays Yard Workers and their Trailers
- A big RV with Snowbirds
- Occasional Gators fans on Saturday

Just gonna suggest you find a better source of information...
I saw the recycle truck and my yard waste got picked up earlier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts